San Francisco School of the Arts

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edshuck

A few years ago, I would have said my music would be some folk (Joan Baez, etc) and country (Willie, Waylon and the boys).

Then my granddaughter began to sing at Community Music Center on Capp Street. Then Rock and Roll and Blue Bear School of Music. She stayed with the classical while moving into the Rock and Roll, found a new love with Ella Fitzgerald.

Then it was time for high school. She is now 14 and a freshman at San Francisco School of the Arts. Their teaching for vocal is classical. Rap and Hip hop are two musics that I do not understand and thus have no desire to hear.

But now I find myself working out how a vocalist made a particular sound work. I also find myself less critical. I am sure that all wish popularity and success. And "It ain't easy".

If you would like to listen to some of the work of sfsota (vocal) then take a listen to www.sotavocal.org . Remember, these are highschool kids. And while they are making these sounds, the school is one of the top 350 academic schools in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.