Scolari under pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Chelsea drew 0-0 with Hull yesterday, meaning they are now 4th in the Premier League. A number of Chelsea fans are calling for Scolari to be fired as manager.

The current table:-

1 Liverpool
2 Man Utd
3 Aston Villa
4 Chelsea

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think he is definitely under pressure, I cannot see Chelsea winning or even finishing 2nd this season.
That will be the worst performance for Chelsea when compared with when they were manged by Ranierie, the arrogant guy or the Israeli guy Scolari took over from.

odls

Yellow Belt
Scolari has just been fired from Chelsea. Is it him, or are his players to blame?

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Scolari has just been fired from Chelsea. Is it him, or are his players to blame?
I think both the players and the manager is to blame, I also the the club management should be blamed as well. You cannot just bring in a manager no matter how good to a team that over 80% of the players were not brought in by him and expect miracles.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
I hope Avram Grant goes back as manager. That way Chelsea will drop like a stone. They won't even win an argument, nevermind any trophies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think as long as they do no give a manager time to settle down, even if that means a temporary drop in the league table they will never be consistently good.

odls

Yellow Belt
As Chelsea and Roman Abramovich embark upon a search for a fifth manager in as many years since the Russian bought the club, fellow managers were quick to question the knee-jerk reaction to a dip in form.

On a day when two Premier League managers paid the price for football's success now philosophy - with Tony Adams also being dismissed at Portsmouth - Ferguson, who has managed Manchester United for 22 years, expressed shock at the news.

"I am really surprised. It is a shock so soon - he only took the job seven months ago,†said Ferguson.

"He is a man of great experience - he took Brazil to World Cup winners, and was the obvious choice to replace Avram Grant.

"It is a sign of the times. There is absolutely no patience in the world now.

"There was great expectation at Chelsea that they were going to do well this year, and it is only this month they have had a bad spell. The judgement really is only on the last month.â€

Attention now turns to Scolari's replacement, with Russia coach Guus Hiddink, former Inter Milan manager Roberto Mancini and Frank Rijkaard all featuring on a prospective shortlist.

Former manager Grant could also be a stop gap until the summer when Carlo Ancelotti is approached.

The name of former Chelsea manager Glenn Hoddle has also been raised at Stamford Bridge, and he was measured in his response to the news.
"Any manager nowadays needs a bit more time than Scolari's had - so yes, I'm surprised,†said Hoddle.

"But obviously the standards Chelsea are looking for are right up there and anyone who takes a job like Chelsea knows these pressures.

guardian

odls

Yellow Belt
It's no accident that the clubs with two of the longest serving managers, Arsene Wenger at Arsenal, and Ferguson at United are two of the most successful clubs in the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.