Searching for good webhosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jack01

Hi there,

I have been searching for a good host, but i did not fine any one of than at the end i found this thehosting-review. com

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I use krystal.co.uk for all of my hosting. All of their servers are located in the bunker, its an ex MOD nuclear command and control centre and it is protected physically and electronically by ex military personnel.

D

dhscott

If you want British Hosting, there are plenty of good options to go for, but they can be on the expensive side when comparing prices to their American Cousins.

Personally, I have a reseller account at a US-based company which I host any "top-level" stuff at. Anything UK based (if it really requires it) gets a hosting plan on whatever UK hosting I feel is up to the job.

That didn't really answer your question though, sorry!

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
If you want British Hosting, there are plenty of good options to go for, but they can be on the expensive side when comparing prices to their American Cousins.

Personally, I have a reseller account at a US-based company which I host any "top-level" stuff at. Anything UK based (if it really requires it) gets a hosting plan on whatever UK hosting I feel is up to the job.

That didn't really answer your question though, sorry!
From personal experience do NOT go for a web host that is not in or near the country your target market is based in. I used a US webhost a couple of years ago and once a week on a friday they took the server down at midnight for 30 mins for "maintenance". The only problem was that midnight where the server was hosted was 5pm where me and my customers were.

S

simon

Time difference could be a valid point.

But from the location point of view?

Find a host that has data center at that particular location where your customers are located at.

S

smith

The opinion differs according to the requirement and the budget.What I would say is to check how reliable it is.

S

simon

Well said Smith, Welcome to WMS forums.

Reliability and stability should be the first preference. [after location ;)]

S

simba

It is important to check how the support is, before selecting a host.In my point of view, it is better to choose one nearer to our place to have clear communication when there is an issue.I mean location is also important.

S

smith

I don't think you are right.It is not important to have a local host.The communication will remain same though it is overseas or local. Just go with the company which can provide better services.You can better go with the host, I mentioned earlier in this thread.I had absolutely no problem with their services and support.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I don't think you are right.It is not important to have a local host.The communication will remain same though it is overseas or local. Just go with the company which can provide better services.You can better go with the host, I mentioned earlier in this thread.I had absolutely no problem with their services and support.
I could not disagree with you more. A company based on the other side of the world will not be able to support you in the same way a company based in or near your own country can. Imagine getting into your office at 8am to discover your website is down knowing full well it is in the middle of the night where your servers are, even if you can get some support at this time it is likely to be from backup or third rate support staff doing night cover.

Web hosting is one item you need to shop around for, price should not be your primary consideration as to keep overheads down some web hosts over sell, over subscribe and over load servers resulting in poor performance. The web host I use only supply hosting space to businesses and dramatically undersell the space on each server to ensure optimal performance and room for growth for hosted websites.

S

simon

What else can I say on that?
Only time can tell you why location is important!
Some people like to learn from their own experience but other's. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.