SEO - Domain name versus title tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I have often wondered whether domain name is more important than title tag from SEO view point
As of the time of this post, title take seem more important. I have just put a site online, the site is powered by a software called LBS Portal, site name is atasteofherefordshire.co.uk .
When I search for the site online, its on page one for keyword "LBS Portal" but it was on page for for keyword "a taste of herefordshire"

I am not saying this is a conclusive prove, its just my observation on this particular website.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
I would bid more on the title tag. I have managed to increase the SERPs position for many websites that had no keyword in the domain name.

Some prefer to have an easy to remember domain ( short domain ) than one with a keyword.

Still, keyword domain names are just a 5% help in the SEO / SEM campaign

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Still, keyword domain names are just a 5% help in the SEO / SEM campaign
BTW DKS,
How about a chart of how you rate each component of SEO for example you just said keywords domain name is about 5%, a list with percentage importance will be useful, something like this:

Keyword domain name 5%
Keyword density x %
Relevant back links x %
Domain age x%

Etc etc

I think people will find it useful

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
Will try and create such a list, the only thing is that adding all components of SEO we might go over 100% since some are ...optional, lets call it :)

S

seotrigger

very good information your provided.. and do web site seo you can get more information through this.

thanks,

www traffictrigger com

Stella_Roberts

Yellow Belt
Well in my opinion, Title tags are more important than Domain names.

Title tags are very important. The title of your web site is one of the first things the search engines look at. In general, the title tag, and what is in your title tag, must describe the content of that web page.

Not only does the title tag describe the content of the web page but it acts as advertisement to lure someone in to clicking on the search engine listing so they will visit the web site.

The search engines put a fair amount of weight (some put a lot of weight) on the web page’s title tag when considering the search engine rankings. It’s a good practice to make sure that the main keyword phrases that describe that web page are put into the page’s title tag.

YooHee

Yellow Belt
i think both are important.... specially when you use keywords for your domain name and to your title tags... :D

airforce1

Yellow Belt
In my own view, title tags might be more important than domain name. Of course, if you could include your keywords in your domain name, it might help you in SERP in some extent. :)

Have a nice day,

Status
Not open for further replies.