Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Setting Up Online Contests And Giveaways To Boost Your Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing and Promotion' started by dcristo, Feb 10, 2016.

1. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Are you using this strategy on any of your sites?

I don't have a lot of experience with this form of online marketing, but it seems like it could be a good way to build an email list, increase your followers on social media, and build links.

I guess the issue is not just attracting those who are looking for a freebie, but getting them to stick around.

2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Yes I did before. When I still have my affiliate marketing review blog, I am running a year ending contest before by giving away $30 to the winner. The contest is all about telling me the reason why they need the $30 that touches my heart. I am still having a limited budget during that time though, and the readers are starting to comment one by one about their own touching reasons. For me, it is very hard to determine on who is going to be the winner of the contest, but at least I have picked one already. But I am enjoying it though. :)

3. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    I was thinking it would be a good idea to get someone to sponsor the contest. They pay for the prize, and in exchange they get exposure to their product/service.

4. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    @dcristo@dcristo It is all about thinking outside of the box. You'll never know if you never try. If it's effective for you, then congratulations and job well done. But if the contest isn't what you really expect, that's okay. After all, it's really worth trying than none at all. Before I started my contest, I always gather ideas on what I am going to compensate on my blog. My first choice was simply a free link placement to my blog roll for a month or free banner advertising for a month, until I decided to make it a cash prize for only one winner. Go for it man! :D

5. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I'm really not familiar with this one, but it totally sounds awesome. I think it can be a great way to attract potential customers in the future and eventually raise the sales.

6. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    Online constant very helpful way to boost your online marketing.
    In India there are many online marketing website available and And it play different different contest to increase his online marketing.
    in December micro-max lunch a new mobile phone and sell only on snapdeal only in Friday and low price.
    I not believe it phone sell in 4-7 week 5 lack.