My Experience Shopping For Web Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
A potential customer of my web hosting business once came with a very very long check list of what he is looking for in a web hosting, he must have downloaded the template from a website or the other, its was about two pages long, I told him I cannot fill the check list, he should do it himself by looking at the product and services advertised with each of our packages.

Have you had similar experience with your hosting company?

royking

Banned
Re:

You need to be sure that your website is uploaded through secure servers using the latest Operating System. Most web hosts run on a UNIX based operating system, usually Linux or BSD. For the running of various web applications you would require ASP, .NET, MS SQL, SBS and for these you need a Window based host.

HostMID

Yellow Belt
Usually we have customers who ask about the availability of certain features, scripts, etc. But, we did not had any customer with a long check list.

eSecureData

White Belt
You always get someone that is most curious but forgets that you have all the information available. I think one tactics I have seen most commonly used is the provider has a page with his products next to each other and has a LONG list of what each package detailed description of what it gives you.

Which if such a request came in you could just refer them to this page. For some people with no experiences this list can help them decide and all the information there provided in a excel form.

Having something like this can help.

pipeten

White Belt
A potential customer of my web hosting business once came with a very very long check list of what he is looking for in a web hosting, he must have downloaded the template from a website or the other, its was about two pages long, I told him I cannot fill the check list, he should do it himself by looking at the product and services advertised with each of our packages.

Have you had similar experience with your hosting company?
I have seen these emails quite a few times. I think quite often they might originate from hosting comparison sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.