Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don`t think we should have to, but I do anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
In some places tipping is virtually compulsory.

I remember once when I was in the US the hotel we stayed in had a breakfast which was a serve-yourself type, a choice of cold continental style or hot breakfast. It was a Sunday, so there was less staff available.

It was paid for in advance, and little service as such was necessary, BUT, when it was paid for they automatically added I think it was either a 12.5% or 15% tip. In other words - no escaping giving a tip!

What are your views on tipping for restaurant workers, hairdressers, taxis etc? Should we have to if they are on fair wages? In the UK everyone is on the legal minimum wage, for instance.

Last edited:

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
voted for yes, if the service is worth it. but this also depends on the country you are in. I heard about some waiters in the US that had to make a living from the tips. This is different in Germany and in the Uk too if I remember rightly. So over here you only giving a tip if the service was good.

ms2134

Yellow Belt
I would tip only if the service was worth it.

I gave a £5 tip when i got Pizza once, because i had a lot of money and i knew the person needed it.

~ Mike

PS. Tipping others can be a good way to increase your Karma. You never know , if they may tip you back some time.
Many people may give you that little extra. But? Is it because they like you or for sympathy?

Last edited:

odls

Yellow Belt
In the UK everyone is on the legal minimum wage, for instance.
I think at one time the wages of some of these workers was really poor. Now the minimum wage is in place (has been for ten years), is it really necessary? Shop workers provide a service, but we don't tip them do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.