Sites Replicating Themselves on my Computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
I'm posting this in here because I suspect that I may have a problem with some sort of virus/trojan or whatever on my computer.

Here's what happens: On occasions when I'm in IE I find I can't close a web page. It can be any page, not just one specific site.

Not only can't I close the window, the site starts to replicate itself, and within 30 seconds I might have 20 of the same page, in minimized size, all reproducing.

I can't close the windows fast enough to keep up, and eventually the only solution is for me to turn the computer off, then back on. That clears the problem up until the next time, which could be several weeks later.

When I use Firefox, which is the vast majority of the time, this never happens Just on occasions I get a message it's stopped responding and needs to close down.

The IE problem actually happened yesterday, and while it's fresh in my mind I thought I'd post to see if anyone has any idea of what the problem might be. :confused:

Zoli

Yellow Belt
Yes, I agree with you there should be some trojan software around internet explorer. You may want to download and run a spybot test. The FF usually gets creshed from the early ajax applications since the load the memory system.

Status
Not open for further replies.