Tutorial Some Tips On How To Promote Your Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luq

Yellow Belt
Just want to share some of this tips on how to promote your blog. I hope it help new comes to get there blogs off ground. Below are the tips:

• Write unique content for your blog.
  • Submit your blog to all search engines.
  • Use links and trackbacks on your blog.
  • Submit your posts to Social Bookmarking and network sites.
  • Nominate your blog and other blogs for blog awards.
  • Syndicate your blog content with RSS Feed and others.
  • Harness the Power of Comments, Commenting is a simple and essential tool to increase your blog's traffic. Respond to comments left on your blog to show your readers that you value their opinions.
  • Add tag to your blog post, it bring additional traffic to your blog, tags are easily noticed by search engines, they're also key to helping readers find your blog when they perform searches on popular blog search engines.
  • Add image to your post, because people often use image search options offered by Google, Yahoo! and other search engines, and naming your images with search engine optimization in mind can easily boost your traffic.
  • Join Forums, Web Rings or Online Groups and add a link to your blog in your signature line or profile, so each time you post on a forum or participate in another online network, you're indirectly promoting your blog.
  • Optimization your post in search engines as much as possible and include relevant keywords and links but don't overload your posts with too many relevant keywords or completely irrelevant keywords.

Please share other tips that are not listed in this post.

H

hridyagati

Thanks

Thanks for these Lovely Tips of promoting the blogs.....

HRIDYAGATI

O

oddstake

Write unique content for your blog.
we all know that updated and fresh content is really important especially in blog, SE also love fresh content! BTW thanks for sharing those wonderful tips on blog!

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Make sure you submit to blog directoroies and search engines, as well as the normal ones.

There are quite a few around, I like this one, but I'm with others too.

LSBlogs - Blog Directory and Blog Search Engine. Find Blogs from around the world.

smartadspace

White Belt
i've really neglected promoting my blog. I haven't even updated it in over a month. I'm going to take all of these tips and start applying them. Thanks for the tips and the motivation!

Submit your blog to all search engines.
I don't think that we should submit our blog to search engines. Let their spiders do the job. ;)

My tips in promoting your blog:
Of course, you need to have great articles before promoting your blog or your blog should have something to offer. ;)

1. Post comments in different related blogs.
2. Use twitter to promote your blog through tweets/updates.
3. Participate in different forums and set-up your signature that will redirect other users to your blog.
4. Participate and widen your network at different social networking sites like Facebook and Myspace.
5. Bookmark your articles in different social bookmarking sites like Digg, Stumbleupon and etc.

Hafsoh

Yellow Belt
* Reread your posts and use spell check
* Follow related blogs in your niche area
* Promote your blog

Status
Not open for further replies.