Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Some Tips On Link Removal

Discussion in 'Guest Posting, Link Building and Backlinks' started by Zirkon Kalti, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Google first ask webmasters to remove low quality links in the first half of 2012 upon debuting the Penguin algorithm. Many webmasters are afraid of getting penalized after seeing the unnatural links warning in their Google Webmaster tool so they started to request for unnatural links to be removed from different sites. If you want to get a link removed from a site, make sure you use an email address with your domain otherwise the webmaster won't trust you. Besides, you should also explain the reason why you want the link to be removed.

2. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    I have involved in many advertising campaigns through many channels for 888.com. They have sent me too many e-mails to remove their links and in lack of time i hardly removed half of them.
    I don't think it strikes to their seo score anyway. Maybe, because they deal with hundred of thousands links and few spam links may not be able to shake the big pillar.
    But yes, it is a good way to remove poor links.

3. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    There are some websites that aren't allows to remove links because a lot of spam and those site webmaster won't respond back.
    I received some emails where they want to remove links from comments which was used by them.

4. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Do you mean they have commented on your WordPress blog and later they realize they don't want the links, so write back to you requesting for removing those links?

5. Naksh

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    I have'nt received any such mails yet. Is it possible to de-link once they have allowed your links in comments?

6. Guest Posting India

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I agreed, when Google Penguin algorithm update in 2012 many webmaster start link removing process but few did successfully & few didn't as process for link removal was not too good. I'm in favor to use email address with your domain for link removal request.