Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion Some Twitter Tools To Help Social Media Marketers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by fisker, Mar 3, 2016.

1. fisker

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    Following up on my last thread on Twitter and how it can be better used, here is a list of some solid twitter tools that can help you on your way to the top:

Do you want to increase your efficiency and productivity while using Twitter for social media marketing? If so then you've come to the right place. Let's take a look at the various Twitter tools available to social media marketers today:

Engagement tools

Managing engagement is something that can take up a lot of time especially for small businesses and brands. AgoraPulse displays all of your Twitter messages and mentions just like Hootsuite would. But, when you reply to any one of them, they disappear just like they would in an email inbox. You can delegate particular tweets to team members too and see who responds to tweets.

Monitoring tools

Add separate columns for anything you wish to monitor in TweetDeck or Hootsuite. These tools will help you know if particular words or phrases have been mentioned by anyone.

Twitter is great at letting you know when you are @mentioned. But if you wish to see if someone is using your brand or the name of your competitors, monitoring tools can help you get involved in the conversation too.

Analytics tools

The free Twitter analytics built-in to twitter is quite useful. The information is coming from Twitter directly and can't be wrong. You can get a lot of information and even download it if required.

You could find engagements per tweet, including click-throughs or likes. You can see which tweets are most popular too.

It also offers demographic information in a number of categories. This shows you where the audience is from and also gives certain economic indicators.

There's also another tool called "Do You Even List?" which sends you free weekly emails with the top ten people interacting with posts.

Follower management tools

The best tool to manage followers is ManageFlitter. They aren't too expensive to use and even have a free plan you can try out initially.

Power Mode is great for finding people in your industry or your expertise to follow. You can filter lists by location, followers, etc. This makes it easier to find the right people to follow.

You can also use this tool to see who is not following you back and selectively unfollow them. There's another feature called the Never Unfollow List which ensures you don't mistakenly unfollow important accounts.

Content discovery tools

BuzzSumo is a terrific tool for sharing content in a timely manner. It displays all up and coming articles on any topic you search for. It searches for articles that are getting many shares. This means you will find articles to share that are getting traction. There's a time setting which can be used to ensure all searches return timely results.

Social sharing tools

Missinglettr is a new tool which is great for extracting images, text excerpts and titles from blog posts and then posting them on your Twitter account.

It connects with your RSS feed and whenever a new post is made, you can review the extracts on missinglettr, choose the ones you like, edit them, and get enough content for a year from a single post.

2. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    There are more than 1 million Twitter management tools on the internet. Most tools costs just a few dollars per month but if you are using more than one tools, it can become expensive for you. So, you only need to focus on 3 - 4 tools that are the most useful.

3. fisker

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    True, every word of it. I personally use just hootsuite and buffer because they offer different functionalities, play well with most other players and offer to manage more than one social networks. And off course the default twitter app.

4. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I never tried Hootsuite, but heard a lot about good things for monitoring our Twitter accounts. I used Manage filter long back, but it depends upon the code and works good for removing inactive followers. There are more tools that allow for removing unfollowers.

My favorite was Tweepi that allows to remove more people in less than a day. I will give a try to Buzzsumo and see if the article really gets any shares for me?
    @fisker@fisker Have you tried these tools?

5. fisker

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    Yes as I mentioned in the post above, I am regularly using hootsuite and bufferapp. Hottsuite because it offers boolean search operators so you can filter results based on geography codes like longitude and latitudes, use boolean search operators like

AND
    OR
    -

Pretty much all the codes that work on Google. Hootsuite has a list in their documentation.

Bufferapp cause they are good at providing buffer messages and their scheduling feature in better than hootsuite. When used in combination, I find it to be enough for now, for my setup that is.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Looks like you are doing excellent, I used these tools only for increasing followers, but never knew about the other things. Thanks for sharing your experience
    Ill try both Buzzsumo and Bufferapp in the next 2 or 3 days as one article was in completion. i will let you know how it goes at my end.

7. rf-harris

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I use manageflitter and it is pretty helpful. However they have lately restricted many features for FREE accounts.