WTF? Something Wrong With Yahoo Mail?

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
Hello everyone!

I wonder what's happening in Yahoo Mail now? It seems that I am not alone in this problem, as others are experiencing the same thing. Hours ago till now, I noticed that it stopped receiving emails already. I supposed to have several emails coming at me everyday, and it doesn't miss a day. This is actually the first time that happened to me.

I don't know about you guys, but are you experiencing the same thing as mine? I contacted my best bud to also check his Yahoo mail, and he said he didn't receive new notifications on his inbox as well.

Oh man! What's wrong with Yahoo Mail now? When they are going to resolve this?

phoenix2015

I have a yahoo mail account, but I haven't checked it in a while. I have been using Hotmail for a long time, but they are changing to an outlook format and I don't like it very much. So, I just opened a Gmail account and will eventually try to start doing all of my personal emails there.

rayone

I haven't faced any such problems in last few days but I am still logged into my Yahoo account as I am watching a cricket match in between India and Australia while checking my mails at regular intervals. I can see all my incoming mails normally as usual. I think your problem is temporary and area specific which should be fine with time.

djweb

I'm not facing this issue either. Must be region specific. Its Yahoo, I'm sure they'll have things up and running in no time.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
I noticed that I haven't received an email recently too. I may not be expecting an email from anyone but it is the one I am using for my Facebook account. I always have notifications daily so I should be receiving an email that day but I got nothing. Maybe it has something to do with region.

patrickkenyi

I basically abandoned my Yahoo account as I found Gmail to be more reliable. Initially, my Yahoo account started receiving a very large number of spam mails directly in the inbox, which is when I started to lose interest in Yahoo mail. It just doesn't seem as secure as it once was.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
I basically abandoned my Yahoo account as I found Gmail to be more reliable. Initially, my Yahoo account started receiving a very large number of spam mails directly in the inbox, which is when I started to lose interest in Yahoo mail. It just doesn't seem as secure as it once was.
That's my point as well. Spam messages should be in Spam Mails and not in Inbox. But some senders are wise enough to change some words or inputting your name so it will show up in Inbox.

coolyfrost

Personally, I have not experienced a lot of good things with Yahoo. Their system is usually very slow and the fact that this is happening does not surprise me. I have been using GMail for a while now and I recommend most people to do so to or to use another service such as Outlook.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
Hello everyone!

I wonder what's happening in Yahoo Mail now? It seems that I am not alone in this problem, as others are experiencing the same thing. Hours ago till now, I noticed that it stopped receiving emails already. I supposed to have several emails coming at me everyday, and it doesn't miss a day. This is actually the first time that happened to me.

I don't know about you guys, but are you experiencing the same thing as mine? I contacted my best bud to also check his Yahoo mail, and he said he didn't receive new notifications on his inbox as well.

Oh man! What's wrong with Yahoo Mail now? When they are going to resolve this?
It could be your server and not theirs. Plus yahoo mail user interface is horrible, so I know quite a number of people have abandoned it, especially because of how much they keep updating the interface and now it just seems bad. I don't even like login into it anymore.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
It could be your server and not theirs. Plus yahoo mail user interface is horrible, so I know quite a number of people have abandoned it, especially because of how much they keep updating the interface and now it just seems bad. I don't even like login into it anymore.
I don't like their interface too. I do hope Google mail won't change. It may not be beautiful but it doesn't have to have lots of decorations on it. Simplicity of email interface is better.

Alexandoy

I am a yahoo mail user through and through and I haven't experienced any problem like that. It may be your local server which is native to your internet provider. But from what I know, yahoo is fast in distributing its mail because we have tested that - the benchmark attested that a yahoo mail travels in a matter of 1 second (the benchmark testing was done in 2012). I suggest that you check your inbox continually.

challengewriter

Lara
Blue Belt
I am a yahoo mail user through and through and I haven't experienced any problem like that. It may be your local server which is native to your internet provider. But from what I know, yahoo is fast in distributing its mail because we have tested that - the benchmark attested that a yahoo mail travels in a matter of 1 second (the benchmark testing was done in 2012). I suggest that you check your inbox continually.
My yahoo it's horrible it doesn't even filter out the spam from my main inbox, i get confused every time I log in, it was pretty good before but for me now I don't think it is worth my time.

rayone

After reading your post again today, I just opened my Yahoo account and found there were hundreds of mails sitting in the spam folder and very few which could be put in useful category. I don't know what is wrong with Yahoo and why not they do something to make it right.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
After reading your post again today, I just opened my Yahoo account and found there were hundreds of mails sitting in the spam folder and very few which could be put in useful category. I don't know what is wrong with Yahoo and why not they do something to make it right.
The glory days of Yahoo mail is almost over. I checked mine after seeing your comment and I had lots of spams too. I wonder how they even show up on my inbox.

rayone

The glory days of Yahoo mail is almost over. I checked mine after seeing your comment and I had lots of spams too. I wonder how they even show up on my inbox.
I won't say that since Yahoo is a good and tested service but there is something that needs to be adjusted immediately if they wish to retain their users especially in our area where almost everyone is on Gmail for its features.

rayone

@dcristo I am emotionally attached with Yahoo having an account there right when I bought my first computer and the first thing I did was I created a mail ID on Yahoo. This ID is with all my old mates and I have certain good memories attached with Yahoo account.

dcristo

Content Writer
@dcristo I am emotionally attached with Yahoo having an account there right when I bought my first computer and the first thing I did was I created a mail ID on Yahoo. This ID is with all my old mates and I have certain good memories attached with Yahoo account.
But once you start using gmail you can't go back. Are you still using ICQ for instant messaging? :)

rayone

But once you start using gmail you can't go back. Are you still using ICQ for instant messaging? :)
No, no more and nothing else but WhatsApp for that purpose and Skype if the person is close enough. No one will pay a cent for anything while the facility is available and free of cost. WhatsApp has even stopped charging the $1 it was but I have never paid even that.

Nocturnal Writer

The horrible experience of Yahoo users in the our country PH in the last two three months ago, Yahoo! Philippines was defaced for no announcement whatsoever. I had kept on accessing my Yahoo Mail to no avail. And in the later months, it goes online. According to some experts, Yahoo Email is undergoing a clean-up for there are a lot of spams that go through their email facility. That's the info I get. I don't know if it is reliable.

We have to wait and see for their latest announcement on the present problem which some of the email users are experience. Others say that problem is regional or geographical.