Sony sales losing out to rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Sony hopes its new PlayStation Portable will boost sales
Electronics giant Sony has reported a fall in profits, in contrast to strong gains seen by Matsushita and Canon.
Sony, which blamed a fall in sales of televisions and portable audio players, saw half-year pre-tax profits fall 12.5% to 69.9bn yen ($659m; £359m).

full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3961163.stm

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
I am sure that the PSP will definetly boost their sales out the roof!! Lots of people I know have been looking forward and counting days untill it arrived

John121

Yellow Belt
I really dont think $659m is a chip off sonys back. The PSP is bound to boom. Im already seeing them on the streets and as well in walmart and ebgames. You can call EB and they tell you that all the orders are GONE! Every single one of them.

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
All these people wasting money on.. wait what am I saying,.. Yeah that little $659m??!! shouldn't be a problem for Sony, though I wish I had that money

John121

Yellow Belt
webcam uploading software

Yea. to sony $659m isnt a thing. They are huge man! Im sure they have seen 10 times as much as that before. PSP will definitely bringin them back out. And putting DS away for sure.

John121

Yellow Belt
No doubt that they will make the money back. Its a matter of if it will drop again when the PS3 comes out.

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
Lol yeah, If Sony decideds to release the PS3 at $700 they will take another fall.. That won't be right since they have to make the money back on the PSP

John121

Yellow Belt
But then think about xbox?! They are going to try to beat out PS3 so you know that if Sonys is gonna be $700 dollars xbox's is going to be at least $800.

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
Well then if Microsoft decides to do that then they will take a fall , but its fricken Microsoft man they are soo rich that money is like pocket change to em

John121

Yellow Belt
Yea but still they could take a big enough fall to put them back pretty far. I think Microsoft should either start up something different or stick to computers.. After all they have sonys VAIO computers beat :cool:

John121

Yellow Belt
Lol.. They already have VAIO beaten out.. There is no need to even compete with sony computers. I wanna see what Microsoft has in mind for there new VGC

Status
Not open for further replies.