Sony to unveil PS3 at E3 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ovi

Direct from Tokyo Sony have revealed that they will show a playable version of their next generation console in E3 2005. They reveal this just one month after Nintendo reveal that they will be showing there next generation console code named Revolution at E3.

Sony president Ken Kutaragi hinted that the PS3 project is running about a year behind the PSP (Sonys Playstation Portable) which is set to hit Japan at the end of 2004 and America and Europe March 31 2005. He did not give a specific release date however.

Most analysts have predicted the PS3 to hit the markert early 2006. Software companys are expected to receieve a Development kit in the first half of Sony's 2006 fiscal year (calendar Q2 and Q3 2005), followed by the second SDK in the second half (calendar Q4 2005 and Q1 2006).

Sonys announcement now means that Microsoft is the only large console maker which have not commited to show the next generation device at E3 2005. This probably annoyed some people from Microsoft since they have publicaly satted that the Next Xbox will beat PS3 to the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
It always comes out with new platforms after you spend money on the others huh?? Well, a lil tip I heard was that the PS3 will be around $700 so yall bes be packin

John121

Yellow Belt
No way. No one would be buying it. Unless you're rich. Im sure you can play your PS2 games on it. That would suck if you couldnt though.

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
Positive you can play PS2 on it, DVDs heck be 133t if you could burn on it ... Ahem** Also probably play dang PS1 games on it lol

John121

Yellow Belt
Probably will not be able to play ps1 games on it. The systeming would probably be too rough on it and burn the game up or something lol.

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
John121 said:
Probably will not be able to play ps1 games on it. The systeming would probably be too rough on it and burn the game up or something lol.
Nah, they make this thing good it's gonna be able to play PS1 games on it, plus they probly put a cooling system in it or something i ono

John121

Yellow Belt
They have to have a cooling system. No matter what. Naw what would be 1337 is if the system could play all games. But then again nah.. Be alot of lawsuits goin out. LOL :cool:

MadGangsta

Yellow Belt
John121 said:
They have to have a cooling system. No matter what. Naw what would be 1337 is if the system could play all games. But then again nah.. Be alot of lawsuits goin out. LOL :cool:
Yeah, with Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo that'd be one big lawsuit lol.. Well, I think if the PS3 is the alledged $700 then it'll be on my ""to do"" list

Status
Not open for further replies.