Starting a Web Host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexahost

White Belt
@Mods / Temi

we have a requirement here just to educate Web hosting starters. Somthing like I saw in another forum "Running a webhosting business". If we have such section, I am ready to share my knowledge in this topic.

@conorod

Here is a list of things you can follow

1) Learn the technical background of hosting business. Unix/Windows hosting
1a) learn the fundamentals of DNS, at least a mail server (exim/sendmail/postfix /qmail), a web server(apche/IIS/Sunone)
1b) Get a free hosting plan and learn how a user will operate a control panel
1c) After 1b get a paid hosting plan with addon domains aand host your site as well as some of your fried's site

2) Arrange funds to withstand atleast 1 year in the business
2a) If you can afford, arrange funds for a rented server. If not a reliable reseller plan will be good.
2b) allocate a portion of funds for advertisements

3) Register a domain name ( Not nessarliy it should have a word 'host' in it)

4) Define a business plan. It is something to do with you entrepreneurship knowledge

5) Get a good , reliable reseller plan and start your business.

All of the above, Remember this :

• A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so
  • - Mahatma Gandhi

A

Al3xa

start a web hosting company go to google and type ivhostpro and take advantages of reseller packages and run your powerful hosting company today

Hsekhar

White Belt
Just Google it, you would find some great links.

On the other hand, I suggest you start with reselling some reputable host's web hosting services until you get used to all the technical stuff of web hosting.

BuckBennett

Yellow Belt
The requirement about starting a web host is to master some technology about business plan , DNS server , server .domain name and web hosting.and use cpanel to manager their hosting system. Then they should put the above into practise to be successful in doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.