Stock photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
Images are a very important part of a website and it is very important to use clean and nice images on topic.

The best image resource is a stock photography website. There free stock photography websites and also paid, but with low costs you can get really nice images.

So how many of you use the stock photography websites to develop their projects ?

Or maybe to prefer taking your own images ?

Zoli

Yellow Belt
I usually use fotolia.com as resource for images. I have not registered to any other system and suppose I won't. Purchasing credits is so quick and they have real time support, so excellent servic there, maximum satisfaction here :)

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
I use mostly sxc.hu because it has free images and I find 90% of the times what I need.

But I heard very good things about fotolia and indeed they have very good images. But I have not tried their system till now.

Zoli

Yellow Belt
I used sxc.hu for a very long time but finally got fed up with the licenses. Seems to be free images, but not that free, so lot of limitation were introduced, notification of the uploader etc.. Since I couldn't wait days til the uploader take time to reply my request, which was usually not an allowing response I searched for a faster system :)

E

edyst3

I haven't tried to buy image to develop a site. Cause I always ask my friend to design my site.

What kind of images are people looking for?
have you ever sold your images to those sites?

R

rhoan

i used gettyimages and istock photo also but all images are royalty

Janna122003

Yellow Belt
i use corbis and getty images most of the time. but as much as possible., i use my own photos for my blogs and web designs....

smartadspace

White Belt
I use fotolia as well. I think they have great images and they aren't too expensive. I also use PRPhotos for celebrity images, but that's more expensive since it's more specific content, and of course, it's celebrities.

Status
Not open for further replies.