Help Me/Question Symlink Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dezi

undefined function: symlink()

This IG Shop program looks great but I can't get the installation right. I'm installing it on my win2k box. I'm following the installation step by step but can't get past #6:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Start your favourite browser and go to http://www.yourdomain.name/shop_location/admin/make_symlink.php
On this moment the make_symlink.php creating the needed symlinks on the /admin folder :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when I do that I get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: symlink() in c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\ig_shop\admin\make_symlink.php on line 2

I don't know what's wrong. Everything is configured. Would this have anything to do with permission? If yes, how do I do it in win2k. I've check out the directories and checked and everythings looks good so I don't know....I'm stuck with this message.....If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

I

imported_misi

This is OK. This error is caused because the symlinks already is created. You not neeed to run now this script.

L

Loopy

Are you sure? I've run the make_symlink.php script from URL http://localhost/ig-shop/ig_shop/admin/make_symlink.php and I get this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clear_parse() in http://localhost/ig-shop/ig_shop/admin/make_symlink.php on line 2

Just like dezi. However, I still can't get it working, even after running the sql script through mysqlcc and getting the database created. Each time, I get this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clear_parse() in C:\Documents and Settings\Loopy\Desktop\ig-shop\ig_shop\class.FastTemplate.php on line 661

Any ideas? dezi, did you solve your problem or are you getting the same one as me?

L

Loopy

I think I might have solved it. In class.FastTemplate.php there is a method definition for clear_parse. I uncomment the entire function and it seems to work now.

L

Loopy

Actually, I tell a lie, it didn't solve it. I get a different problem now, the administrative page doesn't do anything...

H

hiddenjems

Symlink problems!!!! AGGRIVATED BEYOND BELIEF

I wanted to switch to php because I thought I would be able to do more with it than asp. I can't do jack s#%^ with it. I get the same errors as everyone else I followed the directions to a T> And yet To no avail I come to a forum to find out that it's not me. For 2 days I have been sitting here beating my head against a brick wall to find out that it is the script that is bad.

DONOT point out to me that the script is free because if it sucks there is no point in posting it. THat is just a BS escape route.

I agree with the other guy who said it was a complete waste of time. He was right IT IS>
Of course I am sure that no one will bother to help me figure this out.
because they can't get the installation fee then.

I

ixon

Windows does not support symlink... thats the problem. Fuck sakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.