Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial Ten Best Recommended Social Media Sites For Business.

Discussion in 'Other Social Networks' started by challengewriter, Jan 23, 2016.

1. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Social media, is something today's world can not do without, it is evolving and as time goes by I believe it will become kind of like an essential feature in our daily lives.Now a lot of people can not do without checking on social media site or the other, for example we forum users. I have exams but I still come on some of them everyday, even when I do not post anything.

1. Facebook is an online social networking service headquartered in Menlo Park, California. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg with his Harvard College roommates and fellow students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. It has more than one billion users and it's interface allows for many things such as video, picture, music, games, links, business and many more to be shared and accessed all over the world. This platform has everything a person can need to start a goof business connection and interaction with it's customers.
    [​IMG]
    2. Twitter is an online social networking service that enables users to send and read short 140-character messages called "tweets" Twitter Inc. is based in San Francisco. It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams, Biz Stone, and Noah Glass and launched in July 2006. Twitter handles up to 1.6 billion search queries per day. Twitter has been described as "the SMS of the Internet". Twitter is the second biggest social media platform and it is essentially good for business, as all you need to do is follow people in your business niche and interact with them, it is also a good way to promote website posts and offers.
    [​IMG]
    3. YouTube is a video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California, United States. The service was created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005. In November 2006, it was bought by Google for US$1.65 billion. YouTube now operates as one of Google's subsidiaries. The site allows users to upload, view, and share videos. YouTube in my opinion is the best video sharing platform on the internet, it is great and covers a wide range of subjects and topics, for people watch and it is a great way to earn money recording and showing videos of things you love doing, it is so easy to use and navigate and many businesses have taken to YouTube to share videos about their jobs, and the in-house process.​
    [​IMG]
    4. Pinterest is a web and mobile application company that operates a photo sharing website. Registration is required for use. The site was founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra and Evan Sharp. It is managed by Cold Brew Labs and funded by a small group of entrepreneurs and investors. Pinterest CEO Ben Silbermann summarized the company as a "catalog of ideas," rather than as a social network, that inspires users to "go out and do that thing." I don't know how to use it to the fullest because I haven't made the time for it, but I do use it when i am searching for pictures and in turn it directs me to the site, which is superb site traffic building.​
    [​IMG]
    5. Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them on a variety of social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr. Instagram was created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, and launched in October 2010 as a free mobile app. The service was acquired by Facebook in April 2012 for approximately US$1 billion in cash and stock. Instagram is highly popular and used by millions of people all over the world, businesses have also started to get boosts from Instagram, as sponsored ads are also enabled.​
    [​IMG]
    6. LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking service. Founded in December 2002 and launched on May 5, 2003. it is mainly used for professional networking. As of 2015, most of the site's revenue comes from selling access to information about its users to recruiters and sales professionals. I made an account with LinkedIn years ago because I thought it was a social network like the rest for interacting with friends, I was joining all of them lol. So far I have see people make connections and get jobs through LinkedIn, so it is the perfect size to promote, advertise and get people online for a business.​
    [​IMG]

7. Google+ is an interest-based social network that is owned and operated by Google Inc.​
    The service, Google's fourth foray into social networking, experienced strong growth in its initial years, although usage statistics have varied, depending on how the service is defined. Three Google executives have overseen the product, which has undergone substantial changes leading to a redesign in November 2015. Features included the ability to post photos and status updates to the stream or interest based communities, group different types of relationships (rather than simply "friends") into Circles, a multi-person instant messaging, text and video chat called Hangouts, events, location tagging, and the ability to edit and upload photos to private cloud-based albums. I personally do not see every day users who use G+, but I know a lot of businesses have G+ accounts that they are constantly updating and people respond to and interact with, despite it being one of the most under recognized social networking site, it is still thriving very well in the business world online.
    [​IMG]
    8. Tumblr (stylized as tumblr.) is a microblogging platform and social networking website founded by David Karp and owned by Yahoo! Inc. The service allows users to post multimedia and other content to a short-form blog. Users can follow other users' blogs, as well as make their blogs private. Much of the website's features are accessed from the "dashboard" interface, where the option to post content and posts of followed blogs appear. Tumblr maybe said to be for teen girls who are fangirling about celebrities and you couldn't be more right or wrong. There are many aspects of Tumblr, and it is one of the site, that I have seen tagging, linking and reblogging to actual pay in the long run for the user. It is simple to use and micromanage, in my first four months of using tumblr to run one of my first sites, I used to hit up to 500 page hits per day.​
    [​IMG]
    9. Reddit is an entertainment, social networking, and news website where registered community members can submit content, such as text posts or direct links, making it essentially an online bulletin board system. Registered users can then vote submissions up or down to organize the posts and determine their position on the site's pages. Content entries are organized by areas of interest called "subreddits". The subreddit topics include news, gaming, movies, music, books, fitness, food, and photosharing, among many others.​
    [​IMG]
    10. Yelp is an American multinational corporation headquartered in San Francisco, California. It develops, hosts and markets Yelp.com and the Yelp mobile app, which publish crowd-sourced reviews about local businesses, as well as the online reservation serviceSeatMe and online food-delivery service Eat24. The company also trains small businesses in how to respond to reviews, hosts social events for reviewers, and provides data about businesses, including health inspection scores.​
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I only use Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Reddit in promoting and sharing my pages. I have an online business and set up a Facebook page along with my brother. It is really effective as FB has the most users. I am thinking of Instagram as well which is also effective for a business.

3. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    @challengewriter@challengewriter You have put together a lot of great information about the top ten social media sites that we can use for our businesses. Social media is booming right now. If we can't stand a chance against Google for ranking our websites and blogs, definitely social media is a good to go. Right now, I have just started a brand new autopilot blog that will be focused mostly on social media traffic coming from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and so on. Right now, I am using Twitter and getting some traffic now. I will be using other sites that you have mentioned as well.

4. Manuel Joseph Sales

Manuel Joseph Sales New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    @challengewriter@challengewriter Thank you for this incredible list of social media sites. I also agree with your rankings since we can't really deny Facebook, Twitter and Youtube are the world's famous sites today. I have seen so many posts, pictures and videos relating to any kind of business promoting strategies. I also am using some of this social media sites to generate traffic for my sites. And thank you for the great information I will try using the sites you have mentioned above.

5. Rabiul

Rabiul New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    You informed us about social media network. Yes, nowadays we can't live without social media. It is increasing our business day by day. You also informed us the history of these Social Media. I didn't know all of those. That's why I'm thankful to you. I use some of these Media.I think Facebook, Tweeter, Google, Reddit, Linkedin are most important to get traffic.

6. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    @ipol12@ipol12 Instagram will be good especially if it is also connected to your Facebook page that way it will draw in more followers and advertisement for your business and page.

#6 challengewriter, Jan 26, 2016 at 4:23 PM
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  7. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    @cheezcarls@cheezcarls thank you, you should try using Instagram and focus more on Facebook, especially sharing it with your friends and asking them to also help share your page and link to your site. The other sites can be helpful, but Tumblr isn't for everybody.

8. Ajit Patil

Ajit Patil New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    @challengewriter@challengewriter The list you have put in here is great. Most of know about the every social media however we not sure how to use it effectively for advertisement.
    Your thoughts give great insight and kudos for the putting it together. Its essentials for any business to advertise their work and social media can play a crucial part in spreading the information across.

9. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @challengewriter No doubt, all have their own benefits and great value. But I'm using most Facebook, Google+1, Twitter and Stumbleupon (which you've not mentioned).

10. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    Thank you @challengewriter@challengewriter for bringing all social media sites in one place for a face-to-face introduction. Though I have been using only Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, at present, I would like to use the other sites and the information provided in the thread are very helpful.

11. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    There is no correct way to rank "top 10 social sites" because every business is different.

Perfect example: one business may not ever need or make videos, therefore YouTube wouldn't even make their top ten list.

A lawyer may not find themselves on Twitter, but instead spend more time on LinkedIn.

This list is just a generic list.

If you want to make a good list, then say something like "Top Ten Social Media Sites for Webmasters" and be more specific.

12. lahori

lahori New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Helpful information for the beginners and i like your opinions.
    I think that facebook is no 1 to do business and a lot of people in the world use facebook to and thats why we can connect thousands of peoples and this is a good place.
    Many people uses google services like youtube and it is also a big place to do business and a lot of people watch youtube videos.

13. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    @challengewriter@challengewriter
    You have well written for these social networks, but I won't agree they are top 10 for every business. Only a few works for some business and the other for another business.
    I have accounts with all of them from years, and only Twitter was my favorite social network site for promoting business.
    Facebook is used in the past for making friends and tried to promote business, nothing converted except likes.

14. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    They are mostly the top in the social media marketing sites for business, I did my research ;) But everyone's opinion differs. To make your Facebook page blossoming it's not about likes alone, you have to keep the page updated with information especially ones that would make people interact with it.

15. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Changed the title. Hope this suits you more and is more specific, mrs artificial intelligence.

16. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Great advice! I mainly use Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and Reddit. Reddit in specific is very good to lead traffic flow, but you have to be immensely careful what you say and how you say it. If it shows off that you just want a quick sellout, the Reddit community will tear you apart. Therefore, I use Reddit very sparingly, as I think that is how it should be used.

17. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    You're very right, as Reddit is kind of strict, which in turn helps the community. Lol it's good because people won't make it if it's all about selling and advertising whatever alone.

18. Prasoon Arora

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    I have experienced, and find it usefull on facebook, pinterest, and twitter.
    As if I share my experience, 30 % of the total experience, my business information in Yelp is being provided incorrectly as compared to what I have shared to my database.
    Sharing your business details and advertising in FB or Google + is what is most preferred by any social media user , as we are aware most of the happenings in business can be easily recommended by these two social media sites very easily which in response provide you the best results and experience as in compared to any other sites.

19. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Exactly, the smart thing to do is to find a way to make sure that you get your product or service advertised in such a way that it benefits the community. If you make it obvious that you are just commenting to advertise I assure you that you will get a wrath of angry keyboard warriors that will make it their sole mission to anhilate you with insults and negative karma points. Anyone that uses Reddit knows that getting negative karma points means that your whole world has just ended :p .

20. nicolase toukame

nicolase toukame New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    You’ll see that I originally posted this article back in 2011. Instagram is certainly a powerful force for small business marketers these days… especially for social engagement (as others continually change algorithms and make it hard to connect to followers).
    Social bookmarking sites like Delicious, Reddit, Digg, StumpleUpon and others offer benefits include traffic more focused to your target market, faster indexing on search engines, and higher page rankings on search engines.