My Suggestion That's Why I Hate Ptc Sites!

networld

I hate PTC sites.

In early stages of my online career I was really obsessed with PTC sites and felt that they are the easiest way to earn money online. But I was shocked when I came to realize that most of them are scams and they will not pay when you ask for a cash out. It shattered my confidence in online earning and I decided to step away from PTC field altogether.

I know there are exceptions to this and there are sites that have been paying to customers for years. But do they pay for the efforts put in by us? I think in most of the cases they employ bots for their own advantage The main revenue from PTC is through rented referrals and PTC owners manipulate the system by employing bots. You cannot earn too much through rented referrals as it is being controlled by owners.

PTC is nothing but a sheer waste of time and energy. What is your take on this?

Zak

Do you mean getting paid for placing their ads on your website? I think Google Adsense is also a kind of "pay to click" site isn't it, I mean advertisers pay for every click they receive not for ad impressions. That sucks if they actually earn by placing ads on your site but do not share any money with out, that is actually a scam if that is what you meant. Why not stick with Adsense instead of these tiny companies who are out to scam people?

How do they use bots? Do you mean they use bots to click on the ads, but shouldn't that get you more money if the ad is on your site and gets clicked?

networld

What I meant was PTC being used as a way to earn money by viewing ads. They will give us money for seeing ads that is displayed in our account. It's a sheer waste of time as they pay only pea nuts for it and also there is no guarantee that you will be paid finally.

In PTC sites, there is a system of renting other members as referrals by paying rent for a specified period. In this case you will get some money as your rented referral click on any ad. But what is happening is that the greedy owners put bots as rented referrals and stop clicking on ads as when they wish. They will not let you earn after a certain point and in most of the cases you will not even get back what you have invested in rented referrals.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Sounds like a scam, better to keep away from such sites even if they pay you in beginning. To be frank it is fraudulent business to charge the advertisers to place ads and then pay other people to click on those ads, the actual advertiser is paying for no reason because ads are clicked by workers and not real customers who want to buy the advertiser's products. So, its fraud in both ways.

networld

You are absolutely right and that is why Google Adsense is very strict against use of PTC and traffic exchange sites. Google hates inorganic traffic and PTC cannot offer organic traffic under any circumstances. The members who click on ads in PTC are not interested in what is being displayed and they are busy just completing their quota of ads to earn money. The lead conversion ratio is very low or zero and there is no business taking place.

In traffic exchange sites also you cannot find any buyers, there are only sellers. People use traffic exchange sites to earn free ad credits by playing other members' ads. Their only aim is to earn as many ad credits as possible to advertise their own products and services.

In both the cases, it hardly produce any results and there is no wonder why Google is very strict against them.

bharath

Staff member
Sounds like a scam, better to keep away from such sites even if they pay you in beginning. To be frank it is fraudulent business to charge the advertisers to place ads and then pay other people to click on those ads, the actual advertiser is paying for no reason because ads are clicked by workers and not real customers who want to buy the advertiser's products. So, its fraud in both ways.
Some of the programs are paid to members even with there pocket money. One of them I remember is Cashdelight that paid to thousands of dollars to world wide clickers. Few of my friends too own those PTR programs and they closed later due to no ads for sending to members.
@networld
Can you tell the name of the Ptc you joined? I think you are going to say Neobux or any other bux site.

grumpypants

I've never participated in any PTC sites before, but I have considered them for my blogs. I wasn't too internet savvy when I was first conjuring up the idea, so it never really took off from there.

However, reading what Solmak makes a lot of sense. Advertisers want people to click on their products with the intent to BUY them, not just scope it out real quick. Of course, you can never expect 100% participation with your audience that you advertise to. The general consensus, though, is that you would want to market to people you can safely assume most will want to consider the product... Not just click and go onto the next available shot at a couple pennies.

The only way a person can earn through PTC sites is if the person invest his or her own money and the money isn't any small amount from $300 upwards, even if I had that money I won't risk it on PTC sites being that most of them are scams.

pwarbi

PTC sites in my opinion are just scans that need to be stayed clear of and I also think the only way to earn money from them is if you actually run the site yourself or if you invest a lot of money in there but even then it's a massive gamble.

networld

PTC sites in my opinion are just scans that need to be stayed clear of and I also think the only way to earn money from them is if you actually run the site yourself or if you invest a lot of money in there but even then it's a massive gamble.
You are right, PTC is a very dangerous place to be in especially if you are invested. Earlier investing in PTC seems to be a good earning opportunity. But now time has changed and these greedy owners know what to do to extract maximum profit even if at the cost of member's earning.

I have seen that even premium members in renowned sites are struggling to make money. As you said to make money in PTC the only way is to run a PTC of your own!

networld

You are right, PTC is a very dangerous place to be in especially if you are invested. Earlier investing in PTC seems to be a good earning opportunity. But now time has changed and these greedy owners know what to do to extract maximum profit even if at the cost of member's earning.

I have seen that even premium members in renowned sites are struggling to make money. As you said to make money in PTC the only way is to run a PTC of your own!

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
I was there too. Me and my best friend teamed up to earn on PTC sites, and he always joins under me. The first time I heard about PTC is from my best friend, he called me that he saw something on Friendster (the most addicted social network before FB emerges). We joined a lot of PTC sites, but the thing is that we are sick and tired of them, because they didn't last long. Some can only exist in 2-3 months, and when they are no longer available, new ones come in and our efforts are wasted. So I suggest we should stay away from PTC sites (Neobux and Clixsense are an exception, they have been stable for a long time).

Zak

@networld Sorry, I totally misunderstood this topic. I was confused between PPC vs PTC. Reading the posts above, I'd say it is such a fraud way of earning by the PTC site operators. I know they made a lot of money in early stages of Adsense too, by hiring people to click on their customer's ads, eventually Adsense became so strict that now it bans publishers at the drop of a hat if they suspect any form of fraudulent activity or even see a history of buying traffic for your sites on any traffic selling vendor site (well Google has all the content, so it must be easy for them to identify such sites).

Frankly speaking, I would say work on developing some skills like writing, SEO, programming, designing or marketing to earn money with legitimate means and do not involve in these get-rich-quick schemes. When these schemes dry out, people will be left with nothing else because they never developed any skills to earn legitimately.

haris

I think almost every person who enter in internet marketing have done PTC. (including me:D) There are like 150 ptc active sites now but only 25-30 are trustworthy. But if you have some referrals you can make a easy living from it. But you never know in which sec they are going to ban you:eek:. Most of ptc sites ban people with high referrals, cause they can't afford to give them enough money.

I think almost every person who enter in internet marketing have done PTC. (including me:D) There are like 150 ptc active sites now but only 25-30 are trustworthy. But if you have some referrals you can make a easy living from it. But you never know in which sec they are going to ban you:eek:. Most of ptc sites ban people with high referrals, cause they can't afford to give them enough money.
Which 25 are trustworthy? And if they ban you cause you make too much money, then isn't it a crappy business in the first place and one of the reasons PTC sites should just be taken down?

deewanna

I have always wondered why anyone would spend so much time because of so little money. I don't consider ptc sites a way of making money at all. I consider it a complete waste of time, so I have never given it my time.

haris

Which 25 are trustworthy? And if they ban you cause you make too much money, then isn't it a crappy business in the first place and one of the reasons PTC sites should just be taken down?
You can get name of those 25 ptc site on google those are running from 2004-2007

You can get name of those 25 ptc site on google those are running from 2004-2007
Oh I have tried that, and well I didn't know which to trust, so I am asking you, since you would be a good and reputable source. Since you know much about them, googling it won't help me, as I do not, all you have to do is give names of some which you trust, capiche? :) thank you!

pwarbi

There aren't any trustworthy PTC sites, that's the truth. You'll either lose your investment, waste your time and earn a dollar a month, or earn a decent amount and the site will ban you and keep what you've earned.

Thats pretty much what will happen with all of the PTC sites and I'd stay clear of all of them.

There aren't any trustworthy PTC sites, that's the truth. You'll either lose your investment, waste your time and earn a dollar a month, or earn a decent amount and the site will ban you and keep what you've earned.

Thats pretty much what will happen with all of the PTC sites and I'd stay clear of all of them.
I think so also, but I am still curious, I won't go spending or wasting my time on PTC sites, but @haris seems sure, so I want to know how plausible this is.