Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial The Basics In Writing And Publishing Your Ebook

Discussion in 'Content and Copywriting' started by cheezcarls, Jan 20, 2016.

1. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Hello to all of the WMS members here!

For now, I wanna reveal to you something that I have done before, and I am going to share this to all of you. In this tutorial that I have for you today, I am going to talk about the basics in creating your own eBook. I remember the first time that I have written an eBook was years ago, and it's a free one. My friend Daniel Lew coached me on building my list by simply giving away a free eBook. I remember that time, the title of my first eBook was Freebie Jerk. It was a 20+ page eBook that talks about free ways to make money by the use of the free stuff. I was still a newbie back then when I was still publishing my own free eBook. It was the first time that I am building my own list, and I have gained almost 200 subscribers in a month, because I was doing this part time.

[​IMG]

After I have published my first eBook, I was thinking on publishing a second one. This time, it was a paid one and I published it on Warrior Forum. The title of my second eBook during that time was "Facebook CPA Force" and I sell it for $7.00 on both Digital Point Forums and Warrior Forums. It's so unbelievable that I got decent sales during that time, and I got my investment back. So far, I only invested in creating a professional eBook cover on Fiverr and paid $40 to publish a WSO years ago (now it was reduced to $20). I made decent sales with this eBook and decided to bump it for another $20. So my total investment was $65, but I made $120 on this launch. Not bad for a starter though, but I realized something on why I didn't get continuous sales. It is because my book doesn't stand out from the rest.

I decided again to publish another eBook in which I call it an "out of the box" thinking to make some extra money. I call it as "Crazy Simple Money" and I only sell it for $5.00 during that time. I did get my money back only a bit after investing again on publishing a WSO and eBook cover for a total of $45. This time, I only made $70+ in sales. But at least I have learned my lesson about creating eBooks, and I am going to share this now to all of you.

[​IMG]

Anyways, here are the basics that I want you to take note in publishing an eBook on your own:

1. Never publish an eBook without an eCover

This is one of the most important rules of the game in terms of publishing your own eBook. Never publish without having your own original eCover. Although you can use free eBook cover generators out there, but creating your own or outsourcing it to Fiverr is proven to be more effective and can increase conversions as well.

2. Make sure that there are no grammar, spelling and typo errors before finalizing the eBook

Don't be in a rush then! In order for the eBook to be appreciated by your buyers, it should have no typo, grammar or spelling errors. The best way to do that is simply double check your content first before publishing. If you're not sure about your grammar, better proofread it by reading on your own or hire someone to do it.

3. Always include the copyright notice and the user rights within the eBook

One of the most important things that you should include inside your eBook is the copyright notice and the usage rights. If your eBook has PLR rights, the readers can edit and use the content as much as they want anywhere. But if they say that the content is protected by Digital Millennium Act, don't ever dare to copy and share them on public.

4. Add images or screenshots if necessary

To make your eBook interesting, you should try add images or screenshots for good. I have been doing this for my eBooks and I got great feedback. Although it is okay not to add them, but this would give you a big boost.

5. Make the eBook at least 15 pages long

Last but not the least, is that you must not take shortcuts. People are looking for something in great value that they have spent, so a 5-page eBook for $10 isn't really realistic. Make it at least 15 pages long. The more pages you have, the more value you can give to them.

I would really hope that you have learned something about my basic tutorial of publishing your eBook. I am pretty sure that you can do it on your own. If you have any questions about this article, feel free to ask. :D

2. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    In the past I thought to publish an E-book to sell on warrior forums, but there people a lot complained about fake ebook's and we are all getting great information in forums.
    You have described very well to sell ebook, but your sales are low, when I was new to the internet was fond of reading and buying E books, but later hating to see an E book as it is the same lesson.

I would suggest you to re arrange the FB cost per action E-book and start to sell again, hope it can rocks out as till people are making a lot of money through it.

Thanks for sharing your ideas here, I am seeing a lot of experience with you in Affiliate marketing.

3. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    It is because the eBooks that I've published are just basic stuff with little twists, but I am kinda surprised that I didn't have a single refund. It means that they do like my eBook, but my problem is that I have lack of effort in promoting it. I just simply relied on Warrior Forum and Digital Point Forums to gain organic traffic, but never maximized it on other free and paid traffic sources because of my so-called excuse that I am busy in my freelance job. As for the Facebook CPA Force, I did launched its 2.0 version but no success as well years ago. Affiliate marketing is something that I look forward to my retirement project. :)

4. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +104 / -0
    You have mention the points that should not the grammatical mistake, spell check is necessary, add image if needed. These are the basic points we should follow before creating the e book

5. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Glad to know there is also a refund on your e-book, and I understand that you left it out for other works on Freelancing, but if you could optimized it for ranking in Google, then I may believe you were making some decent money every month.
    Thanks for your explanation and I also kept far away from Affiliate programs.

6. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Yes without a cover it looks Odd. I really like the points you have mentioned above for writing and publishing your eBook.

7. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    He is mentioning about writing your own eBook, but not promoting about his eBook. Did you ever made your eBook or did any works for eBook like cover, pages, etc.

8. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I have planned for publishing an eBook but always felt hesitant reading various forum posts telling there were no takers or the books sold for a very low rates. However I will publish one even if I have to distribute it for free of cost. I hope that will be for my self satisfaction if nothing else.

9. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    That good BTW on which topic are you going to write it. I would recommend you that if you have a website do give this ebook for free. It will help you gain more traffic.

10. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have published a book on Amazon Kindle and Amazon Createspace,which is also available on Kindle. I did not make a good sales, but I was able to recover the investment on my ebooks. Ebook publishing with Amazon is very easy.

11. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Yes! These are the most necessary requirements of an awesome ebook. The ebook is currently taking over the world. The old traditional books are being vanished from some places. People prefer using online ebooks as compared to offline ones. Because almost everyone has a computer. So reading an ebook on the computer is much easier for everyone. One of the most interesting facts about ebooks is we can do whatever we want with the ebook.

12. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    You can get a copyright or you can use a variety of other free alternatives related to licensing available online. I believe such a notice is a must in your book.

13. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    We can easily add copyright protection to our products. However, we have to get the proper license for selling that particular eBook. In this way, we can avoid theft of our book and increase sales. An eBook having a valid license is much more trustable in the eye of people. That's why investing on the license of the eBook is worth the efforts.

Most of the time people don't do this step and neglect it from their list. Hackers and other people like that hack their site and get the eBook once. After that, the eBook is spread over the internet. Imagine a book who is available everywhere for free, who will buy such book? Hence, license plays an important role in the selling of eBook business.

14. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    That really doesn´t happen. Any website that would allow your book to be downloaded illegally probably gets minimal traffic and certainly not from anyone who would ever buy the book to begin with. Or to put it this way

1. A person getting your book for free who was planning on buy it = bad for you
    2. A person getting your book for free who would have never bought it ( most pirates) = who cares. You really aren´t losing money.

I am in no way saying pirating is good.. but as someone who creates a lot of content.. I could care less and it is not something to get aggravated over. Pirates are pirates, they never buy anything.

15. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I haven't published an E book till date, but have an idea to publish one soon. I think it is easier to do it on Amazon Kindle.

16. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Everyone should focus on creating a unique product of his own. This product should be full of interested stuff for the people. Now many people are planning on launching their own products. But they fail to launch it due to this reason. They are afraid of those people, who will breach their products. Mostly this happens in digital products. Because they don't cost anything for sharing with others. Piracy of software is on an extent and people are sending these software for free.

17. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +127 / -0
    @Muhammad Rizwan you're right brother.The requirement and need to create efficient ebooks has been around for a bit lengthy as a way of real communication between two people. By adopting this strategy it keeps an essential relevance in all aspects of life including, individual, expert and social.

18. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    The Internet is full of ideas and strategies for everything in the world. This rule implements fo learning anything from the internet too. We can learn different things at once and create unique products easily. However, all of these tasks require lots of efforts. We need to put lots of time and research properly. An in-depth research of any topic can be done easily using the internet. Millions o lectures are available for free online. We can watch them for free and increase our knowledge.

19. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    All of this is great information! I would also like to know if you think it is best to sell an ebook where you distribute it for free and then have some sort of system where you get cash in other ways or if a book without that system and just a flat fee would give me better profits. Thank you for your replies in advance :)

20. cheezcarls

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I would really try my best to answer this for you @coolyfrost@coolyfrost. I think it's really possible by just simply create a free eBook to be distributed for free, and you should include the link or affiliate link within the content. For example, if you are giving away a free SEO cheat sheet eBook to your subscribers, in the last two pages of your book there's a link or affiliate link to a paid SEO course that can compliment the free eBook, in order for them to check it out and possibly buy it from you. I think it is another creative and innovative way for you to actually make money by distributing the eBook for free. Just my two cents.