Asking Advice The best computer manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Yellow Belt
Dell desktops and servers are great. Don't like the laptops. They are not very reliable :unsure:

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
I home build all the time. EfficientPC do some sweet Ubuntu boxes.

If you gots the cash, check out voodoopc.com

tasty PCs

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
Why Dell?

The components are bespoke to Dell and the support is via a courier down south or to a call centre in Delhi

Explain...

Peace

Stephanie

Yellow Belt
We have all Dell systems here - including three laptops and to be fair they have all proven to be very reliable.

We do have service contracts on all the desktops, and the only thing I find a bit irritating is that on the two occasions we have had a problem, I end up taking the machine apart before they will come out to see us - but once they know what the fault really is they are excellent!

So my vote is for Dell.

shadoweater

Yellow Belt
They have propriatary power management systems so they dont bode very well with Linux. System makers should stick to standards and they will be accepted more. Why do you think IBM are massive?

Peace

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
We have always purchased Dell computers with no problems ever. The laptops have been first class. But I ALWAYS recommend buying the gold 3 year service replacement plans. They are the best. If ANYTHING happens you get instant service or replacement. Just great.

catches4u

White Belt
DELL is Cheap by comparison and has all the necessary tools and features. It's reliable and good after sales service.

jaibin

Yellow Belt
I think Dell is the best maker of PC. We can customize our own Dell computer on the dell website for a good price. Their customer service is excellent. Before each dell computer is sold they test each and every computer for 100 hours to make sure that everything works fine, if there is a problem they will remanufacture our computer and test that one to make sure that it works fine.

kingdom

White Belt
HP computers are best for all type of people. The price of the computer is affordable and we can get excellent customer service.

-------------------
King

Status
Not open for further replies.