My Experience The biggest mistakes you have made as webmaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidmaster

Banned
What are the bigges mistakes you have made as webmaster of a forum or website?

Mine would have to be:

1. Giving someone admin rights when i was sick, they couldnt be trusted, bye bye forum they deleted the whole thing.

2. being impatient and expecting traffic straight away, then losing interest, then closing down the site. (being impatient)

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
Mine are simply WASTING time. I used to do it all of the time. Now I try to make sure that all of my time is spent POSITIVELY either promoting my sites or working on paid work (paid blog posts, graphical work, web design, etc. anything that generates income)

vidmaster

Banned
haha yeah it is sooooooooooooooo easy to get distracted when on the net and before you know it 5 hours have flown past!

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
5 hours? lol Sometimes 20 hours and before I know it it is the next day, lol. I just had to really start mapping out my time and making exact lists of things I HAD to do BEFORE surfing or playing and wasting time. Giving myself that direction and discipline really helped me focus and accomplish more each day.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I think the biggest mistake I made was during .info land rush, I acquired a domain, someone offered me $2,000 the next day that I registered that domain but I did not sell it.
Now I have it sitting with my other domains gathering dust :(

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
ahhhhhh - that would drive me crazy also. And now no body thinks or cares about the .info domains. I understand your pain.

vidmaster

Banned
5 hours? lol Sometimes 20 hours and before I know it it is the next day, lol. I just had to really start mapping out my time and making exact lists of things I HAD to do BEFORE surfing or playing and wasting time. Giving myself that direction and discipline really helped me focus and accomplish more each day.

yup same for me.

i have had to ban myself from my own sites so i will actually work on the things i need to do..

then back to my hobby sites.. lol so sad.

TVDinner

Yellow Belt
well Vidmaster that is because we all wish we could just make enough money with our online sites to ONLY do online stuff and not regular jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.