The Buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ardenn

So any suggestions on how to make buzz or spread buzz?  How do you SPREAD the buzz about a website.  Anyone have some inexpensive/free hints?

G

Guppy

Well what i usally rely on only works on a few sites.  I have a lot of people i know on AIM, YM, and any of my other ims, lol.  I usally spam them once and they go and they tell their friends and the chain is started like that.  That is the only real big buzz i can get that would stay.  (couldn't do it to this site cause there are only like one person that is on my list that is a webmaster and he hates me now cause i smoked him in a design contest.)  I do knopw if you own a game site you can post a link to your site from the official games forums there and have them flotter to your site.

A

Ardenn

It just seems to me like there has to be a way to start "the buzz."  I mean how did Yahoo.com and Google.com start there BUZZ?  Thats how I heard about google, word of mouth.  But how does that Word of Mouth get started?

G

Guppy

spam does it at first, lol  it really does.......... you get some people that go to your site that would tell othet people cause your site is just so damn good.  I mean that is how my one site grew and still is.....
People (unique)
july: about 900
Aug: (to date) about 4000

All i did is annouce its opening on other bigger sites and forums.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
Word of mouth comes all in time. Most of these larger places got started thorugh advertising, promotions, etc. You have to get those first few to sign up and then once things get going to an extent word of mouth will carry you.

For example, I bought a forum just recently here that was falling back from being pretty active. I've since started an ad campaign but I've only spent about $50 in over a month. I get a signup a day pretty much now and most of those signups come from refferals or advertisements. I'm looking to start a promotion soon enough that will reward those who send users to the forum an so on.

You have to start somewhere and put money and time into a forum to get it to run. Word of mouth is just something that you must build over time.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
CrazyTech,
You are quite righ, a combination of word of mouth/referral and some advertisment should do the trick. One should identify the one that work most and trow more resouces at it.

Temi

Status
Not open for further replies.