Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

The good and bad news on Bing

Discussion in 'Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools' started by Luq, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luq

Luq
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    For every good news on bing there is also a bad news. Efficient Frontier reported that, the number of times people clicked on ads listed next to Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) search results jumped about 8% in the week since the software giant released its newly revamped search engine, dubbed Bing, the world's largest search engine marketing firm said on Thursday. "If this share lift holds we can expect advertisers to allocate additional budget to Microsoft over the coming months," said Efficient Frontier.

On the other hand, Compete is challenging the reports that Bing is seeing an increase in market share certainly one that can last. The key to its argument is, the uptick of Bing hasn't come at the expense of Google or Yahoo!, which have maintained searcher penetration since Bings launch. New searchers are exploring Bing, but they haven't forsaken their preferred engines and made the switch completely.

So Bing has had great success in attracting new searchers, but these have been dabblers that have not given up on their old engines (yet) and not generated enough queries to move the needle. How many people do you know that have switch from Google or Yahoo to Bing since it was launched?

2. webmania

webmania Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I hope Bing is very less know to people right now but in due course of time people will start knowing about being. It is will a matter of time.

3. cronik239

cronik239 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I kind of switched, I use both, but now I use Bing a lot, I used to just use Google.

4. Webmasterserve

Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +77 / -0
    What made you switch? does bing have features Google does not have?

5. Luq

Luq
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    ...maybe Bing is a better search than Google :) people have to switch for one reason or the other.

6. poonamt93

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I have still used Google,But now I have start to used Bing.
    Because Bing is also give the good result like Google.I think Microsoft's peoples done very hard work to improved the Bing.That's why this new Bing is better than old MSN.

7. mav77

Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Bing seems more popular with the younger crowds.

It seems like a more new, more hip name than some of the old stodgy search engines. My question is will google go the way of Altavista, and some of the old famous search engines from way back in the good ol days. Bing seems to be an up and coming type of site though so who knows if it will get to the point where it is on the radar of most of the people who are looking to use search engines.

I have to admit I use Google all the time out of habit, but I do not trust them because I think they archive your information basically forever and who knows what they do with the information. Same thing with Facebook. I do not give them my personal information as I do not want it falling into the wrong hands.

8. suichiro

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Bing is not slowly but surely increasing its market share. Sooner or later, Bing will give Google a good competition.

9. Lewis01

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I think Google is the king yet , however , Bing is also a microsoft product and it may take some time to get into the market . Some of the office and other microsoft related software are good to search through bing .
    However , Bing may be only competitor to Google. May be.

10. juliusriley1127

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I use both, Sooner or later, Bing will give Google a good competition.

11. mydualbrella

Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I have still used Google,But now I have start to used Bing.
    Because Bing is also give the good result like Google.I think Microsoft's peoples done very hard work to improved the Bing.That's why this new Bing is better than old MSN.

12. ISurrender

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    No I highly doubt Google will become like Altavista, they're too big to fail as the verbage goes. They'll keep innovating, as that's their secret weapon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.