News/ Info The internet millionaires' club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooly Worcester

Yellow Belt
I think there are elements of truth behind some of the opinions of this reporter, but there is definitely a negative spin placed on it by the BBC.

I'm not articles and reports like this really do much good for the industry of SEO and web marketing. It creates an environment of fear amongst those who do not know much about the business.

Wooly Worcester

Yellow Belt
I find it amazing that I don't hear more news articles on this kind of thing, it's almost as if the internet doesn't exist sometimes when watching TV or listening to the radio.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Radio 4 you and yours actually tend to do a lot of features on Internet stuff, 3-4 week ago they did an big article on Internet dating business.

Is the commercial radios that seem no to know the Internet exist apart from advertising their Facebook page.

Wooly Worcester

Yellow Belt
Interesting do you have the link please?

I know the BBC spent quite a bit in iplayer and I must admit I've used it from time to time, not sure if it's taken off as much as they hoped.

They have plans to cut back on some of the web side of things I think, I know staff have been laid off which is a shame. The BBC have come under fire from their old school fans claiming that the online articles are not very good on grammar compared to old BBC standards. Not sure how true this is.

The online version of the BBC recently went under a revamp, I think they spent a lot on it but so far I'm not so keen and preferred the old style, BBC Birmingham still has a really out of date events article, why bother if they don't update it? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-12810551 Just looks really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.