Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial The Most Common Black Hat Seo Techniques

Discussion in 'Blackhat SEO' started by Zirkon Kalti, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Black Hat SEO techniques: Blackhat SEO strategies aim to manipulate the search engine to get higher rankings in the search engine. Black hat SEO techniques will generally give the visitor a poor experience due to providing poor quality content that is not useful. It is being banned by many search engines because it ban the search engine rules. The following are a few types of black hat SEO techniques.

blackhatseo.

Unrelated Keyword

Unrelated keyword is a spamdexing method where irrelevant keywords are used with the purpose of generating traffic from those keywords as well. This spamming method is done to convince the search engine that the site is about the topic when it is actually not. For example, your site is about car insurance but you add keywords on forex and binary options. This method will only boost your traffic for short term because Google have all kinds of ways to detect illegitimate content quickly. The best method is to write good content on a specific topic so users will find the information they are looking for. It is a misleading spamming technique taken seriously by search engines because you are trying to manipulate it. Users will go to another search engine when they feel frustrated about not be able to find the information they want.

Keyword Stuffing

keyword-stuffing.

Keyword stuffing is too much repeating of the same keywords in order to deceive the search engine that your content is the most relevant for the topic. In the past, keyword stuffing can easily get you to top rankings but Google has banned this method due to the large amount of spams. Some webmasters attempt to hide the keywords by changing the font color to be the same as the background. Another method is to use CSS absolute positioning to position the keyword far away from the page center. The Noscript tag is also used to hire keywords in the webpage. Nowadays, the majority of the major search engines already can detect the invisible method of keyword stuffing. The avoid being marked as spamming, you must make sure that the same keyword is not repeated more than 2 – 5% keyword based on the word count. You can try to use different variations of long tail keywords instead of repeating the same keywords. There are many free online tools that you can use to generate long tail keywords such as WordStream.

Cloaking

cloaking-googlebot.

Cloaking is presenting a version of a webpage to the search engine that is different from what is presented to the web surfers. The dishonest reason for cloaking is to present the search engine with an optimized version to increase relevance points. Websites that use cloaking usually will have hundreds of pages that are optimized for the search engines to give an impression that it has a lot of relevant information. If you want your site to rank on the search engine for long term, it is advised that you avoid cloaking no matter what.

Doorway pages

doorway-pages-web-seo-servi.

Doorway pages involves stuffing the page with certain keywords and then redirect the visitor to a completely different site. There are many SEO consultants that claimed doorway pages are good. They even recommend you to buy software to generate these types of pages quickly. Doorway pages may seem like shoftcut to rank on top of the search result but it is definitely not a long term SEO strategy. A trustworthy sit ewill never use any type of trick to redirect user to their real site. If your keyword is placed properly in the content and meta tags and the content is good, you will surely be able to rank for it.

Duplicate content

Duplicate content means using content that are copied or almost similar with the content from another site. Using duplicate content is dangerous especially if you have adsense. This is because someone could file a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) against you and cause your Adense account to get banned. Most site/blog owners regularly check their content to see if anyone is copying theirs. It is always best to write the content yourself.

Spun content

spinning.

Spun content involved using a spinning software to create unique content for the site. Spun content is used with the purpose of generating a large amount of unique content in a short time. The sentences in spun content usually don't make sense. Spun content is even worse than rewritten content as they are made up words that don't read well together even if they do make sense. If you are referencing a content from another source, make sure you provide credit with a link back.

Trackback Spam

Trackback-spam.

Trackback spam involves filling the trackback description with keywords. Another method of spamming trackback is to replace the actual trackback link with spam links and post them on the blogs. Trackback spams are very common in Wordpress blogs. As a result of these spams, many blogs have disabled commenting. Many bloggers also use Wordpress plugins such as antispam to block these trackback spam.

Typosquatting

typosquatting.

Typosquatting, also known as URL hijacking, is registering a domain name with misspelled keywords that are shown to have a lot of searches according to the analytics tool. Statistics show that there are a lot of people who will actually input misspelled keyword into the web browsers. Instead of relying in misspelled domain for traffic, you should create a real site that is rich in useful content.

Conclusion
    In conclusion, some webmasters find it tempting to manipulate the search engine with black hat SEO tactics. It isn't worth it to take the risk because the search engine is going to find out and ban your site eventually. Therefore, it is advised that you stay away from any SEO tactic that do not seem to be adhering to the search engine guidelines.

#1 Zirkon Kalti, Jan 1, 2016 at 7:29 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    Agree and yes they are the most common black hat techniques. These techniques were easy before google updates, but now its rare, you will see these techniques are used by professionals. Some of them are still working but I dont recommend. Like, I mean, I dont know if Google is against duplicate content or not but everyone is using someone else content on their blog.
    What do you think?

3. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Well, one black hat tactics that you forgot to mention is using hidden links using themes. Yes, Of course, WordPress is very popular and so the themes. What they do is encrypt the code into the theme and the links got invisible but still countable to the search engine for a count. A guy download the theme and install the theme to his/her WordPress blog/website and it gives some credits to the base website.

4. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    The funny thing about ´blackhat´ techniques is that the SEO gurus that sell these services, already know they do not work. So for honest people, these gurus are actually helping us by getting cheaters banned. A lot of this stuff that they still ´market´ is stuff that Google has been banning people for years for doing.

5. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I can totally relate myself with some of these common black hat SEO techniques @Zirkon Kalti@Zirkon Kalti. When I do black hat SEO before, I was doing keyword stuffing on my articles and use duplicate/spun content to rank on Google. It worked pretty well during the time Google Panda and Penguin didn't exist yet. However, it didn't last long as my site was penalized in no time when Panda and Penguin are introduced to take effect in Google. My sites are deindexed and I was struggling in trying to get it back. But I think there are new ways to do black hat SEO though, but it wasn't created to work in a long term basis.

6. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    That really is the secret, and really it comes down to sleeping at night :) Blackhat, can and does work if you are doing the ´new stuff´... just because it takes Google time to catch on. But you have to be willing to go to sleep at night knowing that any given morning you may wake up and your income and domain name are ruined.

But again, the bigger issue is that most things that are considered ´black hat´ are not black hat, they are just things that are going to get you banned quickly, and you will never get any benefit from doing them because Google already is tracking them. If you are reading about some black hat technique on a public forum.. I almost guarantee you that Google already knows about it and it will not work. The people who are successfully doing black hat stuff aren´t posting about it on forums until after they get caught doing it and it no longer works... at which point they will be more than happy to be your SEO guru and charge you to do it for your your site.

7. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Really nice to hear some of you WMS members own experience.
    As of now, I believe Google has hammered strongly to the sites have been using these blackhat techniques. Google is really now overcome with these issues. I am sure there is hardly any blackhat techniques remains that is working now.

8. ellyjude

White Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    You term this techniques as common yet some look new to me. I guess it is because i'm new to this sort of stuff. Any other new stuff out there i need to learn?

9. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    I think the last thing that really worked, but has now been fixed by Google, was the creation of thousands of thin webpages whose sole purpose was to provide a link to the ´real´ webpage. People were creating thousands of blogs just for that little bit of google-juice for their main page. But that was caught about 2 years ago, and Google started penalizing sites that had a huge number of cheap links.

Many high PR sites were being sold, and then millions of wepages generated on those sites. Google not only penalized the sites receiving the links, but they removed the high PR sites from their crawling.

10. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    Still it is working heavily and most of the people are copying same content by adjusting them up or down, bottom etc. I have did for a client who told me to copy from a site into his blog. It is similar form of a directory and there is no way of risk as few other too did from long back.

Heard a lot bad things using blackhat techniques, but it is one of the way to startup the business and then move on to the original method. I did one year back by copying some answers to a forum and once it got members started to use real content.

Google is very smart to find out all these things, but still people consider to use blackhat methods for fast cash drive into pockets.

11. Nauman Arshad

White Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    yes it is... Many of bloggers are just here to customize their blogs even by copy paste technique and they are going good. This is strange.

There is //// Copy paste with little customization. Although they have plagiarism softwares but still this must be taken in account by google soon.

12. target

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Haven't learned most of these though as most of the SEO guru advice not to use blackhat when a website owner plans to have success in the long run. But which do you think of the blackhat method works till now to which search engine has no way of recognizing?

13. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Manipulating and getting visitors quickly using black hat SEO techniques are not worthy choosing, instead, make sure to use the authentic ways.

14. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Deceiving search engines using fake tactics will work but without any guarantee to make you stay for a long time.

15. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    These are obviously the most common black hat techniques but we can say that they are not going to last long and you could be caught in that.

16. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Thankfully,I don't do any of these. I believe in organic traffic therefore I never try to trick search engines. If you are start a website thinking that you can grow rich in short time, that web publishing is not for you,if you have patience and have passion on this, then you can become a web publisher.