Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion The Reasons Why Ad Campaigns Fail

Discussion in 'General Marketing and Promotion' started by Zak, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Zak

Zak
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +29 / -0
    Appeal to Consumer Logic and Emotions with your Ads

Most advertisers focus on this part of advertising - telling people about their product. This is a reason why most advertising campaign fails. Telling your story will not make people want to buy.

There are two sides that play on the advertising world, logic and emotion. The decision to buy is made on the emotional part, and it backed up with logic. Most advertising gives consumers with too much of logical reasons but have a little to no emotion at all.

Do your ads evoke emotion? Do your ads reach deep into the hearts of the customers? If you want a successful ads campaign, make ads that appeal to their emotions.

Don't be Full of Clichés

Another reason why ads campaigns fail is that most of them are filled with clichés. When it comes to advertising, a cliché is a statement that every marketer says but no one believes. Do you notice that every advertiser has the lowest price out there, world-class customer service and best quality product in the world?

Rather than filling your ads with clichés, try using words that are colorful, descriptive and also relevant. Try to create your ads from the customers' point of view, not yours as the advertiser. If you want a successful campaign, stop using meaningless clichés.

Simplify Your Ads

Many ad campaigns also fail because of advertisers putting too much information and too many major thoughts in the ads. This problem has two parts, first is the ad contains more than one major theme and second, it’s just too much information in the ads.

Part 1: A clear, simple message that combined with real emotion will beat the competing cliché messages every time. So what is your message? Why people want to buy from you? When you put in too many messages on the ads, you confuse the consumer. Confused consumers won’t buy.

Part 2: Putting too much information. This is typically a result of the advertiser thoughts that if they don't give a lot of different products to choose, the customer might not visit their store. They might not be interested in product 1, 2 or 3, so I will have to tell them about product A, B and C.

Once you start filling your ad with long sentences, you are losing the interest and attention of the consumer. Non-interested consumers won't buy.

Your ads should consist of a simple and clear message. Don’t let your ads contain a long list of products information that no one will remember. If you don’t want a campaign to fail, simplify your ads.

Use Sound Effects but Don't Annoy Customers

Usually, many advertisers will try to use sound effects to gain the attention of customers. Sound effects are good and can actually work if they're relevant to your product and used appropriately.

The example of bad sound effects is like a very promotional carpet cleaning corporation that has radio ads. They use irrelevant, highly annoying sound effects. It opened with a police siren that was too loud, too long and not comfortable to hear, followed by the police officer yelling through the loud speaker, and the suspect yells about how bad the carpet is and the need to call the carpet cleaning corporation.

Most of successful advertisers communicate with their customers through their message that deliver useful and relevant information regarding the product. So if you want a successful ad campaign, don't annoy the customer.

Convey a Standard Message Across All Media Platforms

Finally, having different messages on different Medias will reduce response rates. Many advertisers usually put one message on TV, another on radio and another one on physical ad.

What you need to pay attention to is synergy in your advertising. The successful advertisers will place the same message on every media of advertisement they use. It will result in synergy and a great response. Ad and media will have integration. If you want a successful ad campaign, integrate the message on them.
    By making a few improvements to how you create your ads, you will see an increase in selling and it leads to a higher income volumes.

2. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    The add should be simpler, useful, and focused on the points you are telling about. It shouldn't be looked like a fake advertisement.

3. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Most ad campaigns fails because mostly they are so much annoying for the users that they feel a scam smell in it.

4. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Brilliant account of information delivered by @Zak, would like to thanks for the post.
    In order to make an ad campaign successful, you shouldn’t optimize your ad campaigns for in-session revenue. Instead, you should ideally be optimizing them using lifetime value metrics that will allow you to acquire more customers and make more profit in coming days and seasons.

5. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    It all depend upon the time, clicks that happens from some countries. Designing a template is not mandatory for getting leads. I haven't seen sound effect ads as I don't keep speakers or headphone to my PC.

6. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I did learned something from you @Zak@Zak. I made mistakes before when setting up my own ad campaigns. All I ever think was that people will click my ads and I make money, but it does not work. I tried and failed several times in my ad campaigns (even for smaller ad networks) because my ads are not reaching out the emotions of the customers or visitors out there. I also use fancy designs to make my ads convert well, but again it didn't. Simplifying your ads with a message that can reach out the feelings or emotions of the customers can make a difference. Thank you for this man.

7. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Making your campaign banner more attractive to the users feelings can help you a lot. Definitely they are going to lick on your Add if they found it interesting.

8. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    The more your ads are simple, the more people click on them and the more sales you achieve.

9. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    We should try to avoid making the ads more comprehensive instead we should try to search for a single sentence that's going to attract the visitors to our Ads/website.

10. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    Making a product or service viral is not easy but with proper research, feasibility study and positioning of products, failing in ad campaigns is far from the list. Business owners should also make the clients feel the need to have their product by doing ads that are realistic.