The Weem Witch

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

soul17

I just thought a few of you might be interested to know that i am working with the author of this book at the moment.
Leonard Low is working for a company that is doing the filling and decorating on the site.
I got chatting to him (he reminds me of Alexis Sayle) and found out that he had moved down from Fife a number of years back and lives in London. He mentioned that he liked to write and had recently had a book published. Leonard wrote The Weem Witch after sifting through records and documents that his great great grandfather had kept, apparently his job was to do with records and accountancy.
Leonard goes back to Fife a fair bit to conduct tours around the sites.
He has sold over 500 books so far and brought one in for my mate today with a complimentary T shirt depicting tthe front cover. I daresay as a few posters come from this area, they might know the stories of these witches.
Has anybody read it?
By the way, Leonard is a painter and is colour blind, he supports East Fife.
Here is the link and his book is also on the Amazon site.

http://www.savagepublishers.com/190.html

S

scorpio

That sounds brilliant Soulie...I will get the library to order it in...love the sound of that... :magic:

I remember crying at the end of the film "The Crucible"... :cry:

Have you heard of the Pendle Witches ...?..very similar.

I used to go to Pendle Hill a lot in me youth.

S

soul17

I had another word with Len today. Apparently the tower in Fife he sort of owns. He checked all records and nobody could find out who owned the tower, so he uses it for his tours etc. He had the structure checked and it was sound. He said that on one tour, mainly Americans, they had moved up to the top floor of the tower and one of the Americans asked where the old man was, had he been left downstairs. Len said that the party was 16 people and all were present and correct. He went downstairs to check anyway, but no one was there. On a photo of the party taken downstairs, clearly visible on the end of tthe party was the old man, with grey hair and long sideboards.
He had that lot from the TV prog Most Haunted up at the tower, but sent them away when he found out that they had coins and light bulbs in their pockets, also the head "medium" had read a full history on the building etc, the night before and could obviously mention the right names etc.
The BBC wanted to do a programme on the tower and all seemed fine until they wanted to send a priest in to exorcise the building, the priest was the one who condemned the witches in the first place, so he told them to go away as well.
As for the Pendle witches, i don't know if this involves them but, after a lot of searching, Len brought from an auction in St Andrews, the documents from a trial in 1684 in Bury St Edmunds. The documents were an account from the court room, probably written by a reporter. He has them scrolled up in a leather case, about a 100 pages. Basically it is the account of a witch on trial, i think he said her name was Ruth Cullender. She had been a "wet nurse" (breast feeding a rich ladies baby) the baby had died and so she was tried as a witch.
Len is about to publish another book about the Tower, hopefully he is going to bring me in some interesting photos to look at.

B

Belly Dancing Goldfish

Sounds fascinating Soul :D

Must check it out see if our library will get a copy :D

B X

G

Gertrude grunt Futuck

I love all that stuff. I think I'll be popping on line to Amazon as well. Any chance of a peek at the ghost pic? It is one of my favourite subjects.

S

soul17

Gertrude grunt Futuck said:
I love all that stuff. I think I'll be popping on line to Amazon as well. Any chance of a peek at the ghost pic? It is one of my favourite subjects.
Apparently he also has photos (6 of) that show a ball of light coming towards him, as it got very close he says you can clearly see the face of a young boy, about 10 years old, the ball then broke up into many pieces and vanished.
I would like to see these photos myself, he does seem a genuine bloke tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.