Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Tips for preparing a website for affiliate marketing

Discussion in 'General Tips and Tricks of Affiliate Marketing' started by Muhammad Rizwan, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    Affiliate marketing is an awesome way of generating income from a Website's traffic. The basic concept is we promote the product of people on our site. Whenever a sale is generated from the link we promoted. We will get a commision from that sale with a fixed percentage.

There are numerous ways to promote an affiliate product. However, the most suitable and preferable method is using a website. A website is made especially for the purpose of affiliate marketing. But we can't use any type of website for affiliate marketing. Some of the tips that came handy in selecting a domain are:

1. Keyword Research
    2. EMD Domain
    3. Niche Selection
    The above are the three basic steps, one should do before selecting a domain name. Thus, it will be more useful for making a site related to affiliate marketing. Also, more chances of sales will occur using this domain.

2. Cleveland Williams

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +7 / -0
    The biggest tip that I can offer is to focus on your niche. You can't be a jack of all trades online (unless you've been doing this successfully for year) so do not try to be one. If your into the Health and Wellness market, stay up to date on that topic. Researching the keywords for your market in critical for your SEO success as well. Make sure ALL pictures and links have the correct tags so that you can have your website appear in higher ranks on all of the search engines Lastly, make sure your website is visually appealing.

3. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I agree with you @Cleveland Williams@Cleveland Williams. Niche is an important thing to focus on, and I admitted that I have this problem ever since I started affiliate marketing. I had no clue on what niche I should focus, because my mindset before was to build various websites in different niches and rank them on Google. After that, I have an information overload on what niche should I focus on. I took a break, research on the hottest niches until I found the right one for me. I also agree that keyword research is critical in our business. If we choose the wrong keywords for our websites, we cannot rank very well on Google and other search engines.

4. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    In order to promote any product or service,you need to research that market very well. No product can be blindly selected. You mention important points to start any affiliate marketing business.
    1. Keyword Research - Make sure its low competitive and have doors open for optimizing
    2. EMD Domain - As the market is rising nowadays, it seems there is a less chances of getting .com domains as they are highly targeted for businesses.
    3. Niche Selection - This is very important, almost most of the online niches are saturated and competitive. But still, we can outrank them if we know what we are doing. For example, gaming niche is evergreen niche, we just need to research and understand the market in deep.

5. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Including rich keywords doesn't work alone, you have to consider creating content as well; the content that includes some fun.

6. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    I would say that expanding your discussion topics can really can help you out in order to boost up the traffic to your website.

7. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    There are no end of affiliate programs out there but you must be aware for whom you need to create a website. Some companies run their own schemes where you apply directly & setup a site with them. There are also a couple of major players who centrally administer the affiliate schemes for large companies.

You need to focus on two key things: content and traffic. You must maintain high levels of both if your site is to be a true success by your own efforts.

8. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    A good name with a good design and having good contents is that can do wonders.
    A proper SEO and an ongoing SEO work little by little incline the traffic as the time goes by.
    Remember, Affiliate is not a matter of one day only.

9. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    In AM, it needs you to aim for the highest point of growth. From start only, you must go with high level of check with your prospects to convert them to your users. This is one deep strategy that coaches do tell, start from the start only.. dont let procrastination conquer you.