Help Me/Question Tips for targetting traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
Hello

Do you have any advice on how to drive targeted traffic to a website. Do you use Goole ads/similar, or is it down to good SEO and backlinks on relevant sites (if you can get them)

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Depends on your budget really. If you have huge budget then ADSense will be excellent, if not, then investing in SEO and building up and affiliate will be a much cheaper alternative.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Depends on your budget really. If you have huge budget then ADSense will be excellent, if not, then investing in SEO and building up and affiliate will be a much cheaper alternative.
Im not convinced that you need a big budget for adsense. Work out what you earn on average per unique visitor to your site. If you launch a PPC campaign and are paying less per click than you are earning you are going to make money and get more customers. My stratergy at the moment is trying to get repeat business but that depends on your industry.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
I have had absloutely no luck with adsense I have to admit. Perhaps I have been doing something wrong though.

But property is so competitive that I would think I would have to have a huge bid to get any results from it.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the club Lorna, I am not in property, I am in completely different field and I have had not luck with it either.
I have tried it for about 3 clients (in different fields) as well, non of them reported any good conversion that warrants continuing with the campaign, the only one that makes all the money is Google.
I think there is just too much fraud in the system.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
Do you rate any of these sites that say 'I can guarantee you will make money from google adsense - I made £...... in one week'. I see these a lot but I wonder if they are a big con.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I think there is just too much fraud in the system.
There are too many websites that exist to earn revenue from adsense.

This is how it works:
1) Goto google.com
2) Search for a term
3) Click on a serp
4) Look at a crappy nonsense site with adsense ads on it.
5) Click on an adsense add to get away from the made for adsense site.

With adsense dont go for the high traffic searches in your nieche, you will be battling with the big boys. Refine your key phrases to either be local "houses for rent bath" or nieche specific "rent flat manchester". To get the highest conversions I think it is best to make your ad text exactally what the user has searched for (this means making an adsense campaign for each search term) your conversions will be higher as your advert says exactally what the searcher has searched for. Another plus is that the more specific search terms are cheaper and less competitive.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
Do you rate any of these sites that say 'I can guarantee you will make money from google adsense - I made £...... in one week'. I see these a lot but I wonder if they are a big con.
You can make some good money from adsense if you build websites around high paying keywords.

Lorna

Yellow Belt
I don't trust that kind of sites, its a lie. How can they gurantee stuff that they cannot directly control?
Those are my thoughts Temi.

I appreciate what you say WWT about being more niche, but the time it would take me to set up adverts like that is huge (it takes me long enough to set up a small campaign!) To me it is just such a complex area, and if you know what you are doing and it works for you then that's great, but I genuinelly don't think I could get my head around setting up all those variations.

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
I appreciate what you say WWT about being more niche, but the time it would take me to set up adverts like that is huge (it takes me long enough to set up a small campaign!) To me it is just such a complex area, and if you know what you are doing and it works for you then that's great, but I genuinelly don't think I could get my head around setting up all those variations.
Just a thought, are you doing all of your adwords campaigns manually? There is software to speed up the process.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...8&rlz=1T4GGLJ_enGB209GB209&q=adwords+software

DevonWebsites

Yellow Belt
No I didn't know that, and yes I am doing them manually!:eek:
If you were to use the software you could create your campaigns in a spread sheet all at once before uploading them. It would save you an awful lot of time and money and drastically increase your results from the same investment.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I don't think any software can do it as well as you can do it manually. Software can help you select keywords and things like that but cannot manage a campaign like a human .

notvaliduser

Yellow Belt
I can agree with Temi , there is nothing better than e human. But if we take in consideration the fact that some have limited time and no other staff , sometimes software can help a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.