Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion Top 10 Domain Marketplace

Discussion in 'Domain and SSL Registrar Issues' started by chromid, Feb 6, 2016.

1. chromid

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Finding a perfect domain name is never easy, especially if you are searching for a short and brandable domain that could represent your business. Or, maybe If you’re just a webmaster targeting a domain that contain certain keywords for SEO purpose.

Yeah, almost all profitable domains were taken and registered by others.

[​IMG]
    So, how can we acquire these domains? Is there a possible way to grab them?

There is a fact that some internet geeks treat these domains as an investment instrument. Quite strange for you who just entered online business, but actually it’s an old model for making money online. They bought these domains for normal price and expecting its value will increase multiple times after few years, and then throw it to domain marketplace site to make profit.

Here, I’ll show you the Top 10 Domain Marketplace Website

[​IMG]
    10. Namesilo
    There are many quality domains listed at Namesilo. The great thing you’ll find at Namesilo is they accept many payment processors. So, if you don’t have credit card or Paypal account, you can still purchase your desired domain using Skrill, dwolla or even Bitcoin.

9. Huntingmoon
    I’ve heard their service facilitate a domain sale worth more than 1 million dollar several years ago. That’s good achievement, but I think they lose their best performance in last couple years. However, they are still having enough portfolios of quality domains in their marketplace.

[​IMG]

8. Bido
    Bido works a bit different then other marketplace, where the seller can just list their domain to start selling. At bido, seller must submit their domain for consideration first, then the community will vote to send your domain to live auction. Hence, we can conclude that only domain with good quality that is wanted by community will appear in marketplace.

7. Domain Market
    Domain Market pricing is a bit more expensive than any other place. It’s not weird as they are listing mostly brandable and premium domain that cost between thousands to millions of dollars.

[​IMG]
    6. Namejet
    This one is a great place if you’re looking for a dropped domain and want to backorder it. They charge you $69 once they successfully “catch” the domain. But, if there are other bidder who backorder same domain, then it will be placed on private auction where the price will hike.

5. Snapnames
    Snapnames service is similar with Namejet. But, from reviews spread over the internet, I read that Snapnames has higher successful rate than other ‘dropcatcher’. There is no exact reason to explain it, but experience from other webmasters talk a lot.

4. Sedo
    You may heard that Sedo is the leading domain parking service, but don’t be misleading as they are also offering a marketplace that could help individuals or companies to grab the domain name they wanted.

[​IMG]
    3. Flippa
    On Flippa, you’ll find “more than just domain”. What I mean is, there are top notch domains with established background and existing traffic that you can find here. Moreover, you can also buy full website there. Just make sure you’re checking the data provided by seller correctly, especially if you’re buying website with existing revenue.
    2. Afternic
    I could say Afternic is one of the leading marketplace you’ll see over the internet. They’ve done maximal efforts to get more exposure to potential buyer, so it’s not weird if ‘domainers’ report they get more inquiries from Afternic than other ones. For purchaser, you’ll be shocked with the quality you’ll find here.

[​IMG]
    1. Godaddy
    In order to participate in their marketplace, you must buy their membership first. It costs $4.99 per year. But, you won’t regret purchasing this membership, because this one is great marketplace where you will see wide range of quality domains.

#1 chromid, Feb 6, 2016 at 8:30 AM
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    I am astonished to see Google auctions at the very end.
    Besides, I appreciate you to write such an informative article and it will be very helpful for the people who rather end up searching a perfect domain for him/herself.

3. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    I like Flippa because you can buy websites that are already generating revenue. Its like buying a healthy business.

However, they need to work on their due diligence system, because every now and then I come to know about someone who was sold a bad website.

4. Pooja Sharma

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Before buying any domain I make a search on whois data as it shows you if the domain is registered or not or if the domain is available to purchase.
    The reason why I prefer searching on whois, as I can also see the best option in buying the domain with different prices.After knowing there availabilty and the best options I prefer going to domains service provider.Most of the name that I have experienced would be Godaddy, Hostagtor,Wix and many more.

5. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    These are some good websites to look for domains, thanks OP! Domains are definitely getting harder to find, especially good ones. It's getting kind of ridiculous to be honest. The prices of some of the domains are also so incredibly high that I feel that the price simply doesn't justify itself. I'd love to know what other people think about it though.

6. chromid

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    It's important to re-check all data provided by seller. Some of them even trigging fake Pagerank before selling their domains. If you're buying website there, find out how the seller generate revenue, where they get traffic, and validate backlinks quality to make sure you buy profitable one

7. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @chromid There is some need to correct posting of domain headings from 1-to-10 (ascending to descending order) for easy to read and analyse without any confusion.

8. chromid

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I think it's not a big problem at all. Writing in this format could encourage people's curiosity. If I was writing using common format 1-10, there's possibility people will go after the top 3 or top 5 of the list, and didn't read the rest.

9. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    As you wish, its your mind. But usually we should have to keep all writings in a proper manner and sequence just to make easy for audience. Anyway leave it.

10. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    I personally enjoy reading lists from an ascending order rather from a descending one. If I read a list from a descending order I usually find that I only check numbers 1-3 maximum and then just leave the page. However, in an ascending list, I am much more interested to read and analyze the whole list.

11. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    GoDaddy does have a great marketplace - you can find lots of great domains there. I have brought quite a few high-quality domains from there. It is nice to know that other domain marketplaces exist that I have never heard of before. Will have to look into these as well - thank you for suggesting them @chromid.

12. chromid

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Another good side from Godaddy is they divide their marketplace into several section, just like godaddy Expiring and godaddy closeout.
    Godaddy closeout is the only place where you can buy listed domain without buying their membership first.

13. hynds

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I update to the latest version. Top 10 best places to buy your domain name from are popular and well-known places (domain name registrars & marketplaces) that you can trust to buy. You guys can read the full article here

Cheers,

14. Gaurav Maniar

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    1. GoDaddy Auctions

GoDaddy auctions is one of the major websites for buying expired domains. Majority of the people who wants to grab an expired domain name would end up buying from here.

. DomCop

DomCop is one of the top 10 websites to buy expired domains. It won’t take you much time, you can easily find great expired domains within minutes using DomCop. They currently have more than 20 million expired domains list on their databases which include over 31 domain extensions such as .mobi, .net, .info etc.

3. NameJet

NameJet is the premier marketingplace for buying expired domain names. They use advanced domain software which allows them to display all the domains for domain professionals, small businesses, and individuals to acquire domain names including those that just expired.

4. FreshDrop

FreshDrop is the world’s largest domain marketplace since 2007. There are currently over 3.7 million domains available in their databases. That means you will have access to millions of domains so you can easily find the expired domains according to your choice.

5. Flippa Domain Auctions

If you are blogging for a while, you might have already heard about Flippa. Flippa is one of the biggest marketplaces for buying and selling domains as well as websites.

6. Snap Names

SnapNames is another industry leaders that allows you to buy expired domain names of your own choice. They currently have over 30 million domain names that meet any budget.

7. Expired Domains

ExpiredDomains.net provides a HUGE list of domain names every day. Thousands of domain names literally expire every single day and ExpiredDomains.net is the place where you get all the valuable information regarding the domains you might want to buy.
    You can also find deleted domains to register, ExpiredDomains.net also gives you all the necessary information like PageRank, backlinks count age of the domain etc.
    8. 1 and 1 Domain Search

1 and 1 is one of the industry leaders that provides all the web hosting services. They are operating from US since 2003 and since then are widely known as leading web hosting providers who provide affordable internet products such as hosting, domain registration, site creation etc.

9. NameCheap Domains

Most people only know NameCheap as the leading domain registrars but they also sell expired domain names at the most affordable prices.
    You can find all the domains ranging from advertising to business to education and entertainment. You can also filter out all the expired domains ranging on their price range from under $25 to over $200.
    10. Domain Hunter Gatherer

With Domain Hunter Gatherer, it’s much easier to find unlimited brandable domains from all of the major domain auction websites including GoDaddy auctions, Flippa etc.

Best Regards
    The SSL Store™ India

The SSL Store™ India is one of the largest SSL Certificates providers in India now offering SSL/TLS Certificates at ₹ 80/month with dedicated 24*7 Live Support.