Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial Top 10 Easy Steps To Launch Your Own Wordpress Website In 2016!!

Discussion in 'Wordpress Content Management System' started by Manish Mishra, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +158 / -0
    This tutorial guides you how you can start/create your own websites in easy steps. This tutorial in completely intended for the newbie’s and beginner who want to start their own websites and they don’t know where to start from. Of course, you need to have a working internet connection and since you are reading this article you can now jump straight to the information.

Registering a domain name

This is the very first step you need to do before you do anything else. This will be the name for your website and make sure you are not allowed to change the name.

If you want to start your website with name “itsmysite.com”, presume that this name will be constant and cannot be changed. So decide a better name that suits your own website.

There are a many domain service providing companies that offers you domain name registration for one to multiple years. Some of them you can like and register are as below:

Godaddy.com
    Namecheap.com
    Name.com
    Dynadot.com
    Moniker.com

[​IMG]

You can also check if they have something to offer you to pay off in terms of annum or multiple years’ price.
    Remember! You have just registered the website name. It is not going to build up a website. For an example it is like someone name. My name is Manish but many people have the same name, it makes no different.
    For developing a website you need to put some file and get it designed. Don’t scare because it is no hard at all to create a simple website. All you need a hosting where you can put the file to your website name.

Finding a webhost for you

Having a hosting means you are buying some space from a server that will help your website be visible to others. You already have registered the website name for you. Now, in order to put files on your website you have to have a server that allows your websites file to be accessible to others. Hosting in other meaning is a computer that is established online as a server, so anyone can access any file at any time.
    You can Google for finding the one for you. However, buying a shared hosting plan will be good for you.

[​IMG]

What to do with your domain name?

You have already purchased the domain name. Now, open your domain service provider account and log in with your credentials. Upon successful login, click on your domain name and changed the Nameserver 1, and Nameserver2 to the new nameserver given by your hosting company through the e-mail. Then hit enter.
    This will change the domain name server after a propagation process that may take 30 minutes to 4 hours, sometimes can be longer depends on your TLD’s and registrar.

[​IMG]

Back to hosting after the timeframe:

Once you have created an account and make the payment, you will have the hosting details to your registered e-mail address provided at the time of registering.

[​IMG]

In the detailed mail, you will be provided with the below details, I would like you to know in brief.
    Cpanel details:

You will be given Cpanel username and password. Cpanel is an interface to be used to do whatever you want to with your files and also to attach your website to your hosting account.

Cpanel Username & Password:
    Cpanel username and password are the credentials to be used to log in to your Cpanel account.
    Accessing Cpanel account always is like:
    Yourwebsitename.com/Cpanel
    Itsmysite.com/cpanel

Upon request, provide username and password and you will be launched the Cpanel interface.
    Here, there are lot you can do but let just simply click on add domain.

A set of box will appear where you can provide your website name with username and password to be added.
    And you have added you domain successfully!

[​IMG]

After successful adding of domain, your website name is on server but nothing will show up. It means you need to get your website designed.

You have various options to get your website designed.

Option1:

You can hire a designer/company to do the design for you. You will just need to tell them how you want to see your website to be look like. Also, you just need to allow them Cpanel details.

Option2:

You can purchase a theme and use this on your website. A designer still can help you paying off a few bucks to establish it for you.

Option3:

Use a free theme and get it installed on your website. This could be cost effective when you don’t want to invest much on your first website.

[​IMG]

You can install any automated script like WordPress, Joomla, etc, since the WordPress is an easy platform and SEO friendly, I will guide you the steps installing WordPress.

How to install WordPress on your website?

Installing WordPress is an easy task. You need to follow the below steps:

1. Login to your hosting account using Cpanel details
    2. Go to the website builder’s block -> Click on the softaculous -> click on install WordPress -> now, just write the username and password of your own choice following by the e-mail address -> click install script -> Finish!!
    OR

[​IMG]

You need to click on WordPress tools -> install WordPress -> by providing username and password of your choice following by your e-mail address -> click install script -> Finish!!
    Now you have successfully installed the WordPress script. Far this you have found everything so easy, right?

[​IMG]

Now all you have to do is to add the theme that is also an easy task, though.

How to login to your WordPress site?

Upon successful installing of scripts you will be e-mailed all necessary details and credentials to login to your website.
    Still, I am explaining so it won’t be a trouble.
    Open this link:
    itsmysite.com/wp-admin
    Or
    itsmysite.com/wp-login.php
    This link will ask you for your username and password. After providing the details, you will be successfully reached to dashboard. This is how every time how you need to login to your newly WordPress based website.

[​IMG]

How to add theme to website?

You can install a theme in various ways. There are a lot of options and I am going to describe you all, so you can choose the one you want to work with.

Option 1:

Go to dashboard (login to your website) of your website and install the theme by clicking theme option. Browsing will show you a list of free built themes. You can install the one you find suitable for your website. And you are done with the theme and designing phase of your website.

Option 2:

Purchase a theme and install it to your website.
    After purchasing a theme, you will be given the zipped file. After login and reaching to your dashboard, click on the theme option and select the theme you have purchased. After selecting in just few moments, you will have your themes with you on your website dashboard. Click install, this will run your website with new purchased design.

Option 3:

Browsing a free theme and installing it through any FTP client.
    First you need to Google for free WordPress theme of your choice. Take your time to find one that you like and suits your website.

[​IMG]

I suggest everyone to follow FTP client all the time for any plug-in, theme or uploading any necessary files or folder. Let’s first understand how to use FTP client.

How to use FTP client?

First off, you need to download any FTP client. Most are available free; you just need to Google for it. I prefer FireFTP and FileZilla. Search for them in Google and download it.
    Open it and you will be prompt for 3 various input.

Server: either you can put the base IP (111.222.33.444) of your hosting provider or write the domain name following with the .FTP
    e.g. ftp.itsmysite.com

Username: same user name like you used for Cpanel account
    Password: same password like you used for Cpanel account.
    By hitting enter you will have the directory list of your hosting.
    Left side is files and folder on your computer.
    Right side is files and folder on your server.
    You need to click on public_html folder
    Then click on itsmysite.com folder
    Then click on wp-content
    Now click on theme
    This is where you can put your theme files.

[​IMG]

You already have downloaded the free themes that you can browse from the left side of the FTP client software.

[​IMG]

Drag and drop to the right side in the theme folder that you already have browsed. Remember for uploading plugins, themes and whatever you want to upload you will always login to FTP client to use it.
    After successful uploading of the theme; you need to login to your website and click on the theme section on the right.

[​IMG]

You will see your recent upload theme there, simple install it and it is now on your website.
    This is how your website is ready and you have given the great look to it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Dono Nguyen

White Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    Other way, you can choose Woocommerce, a plugin of Wordpress. Woocommerce is an open-soure e-commerce platform, which is easy and simple to set up, design and manage.

3. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +158 / -0
    There are the tools but i made this for newbie who has no idea whatsoever about the domain or hosting or anything related to that.There are many people who wants to start their own website but they find it hard and they believe they will cannot without any support of a developer or a company.

This is dedicated to those newbies and hopefully they will be able to establish a website on their own with the help of this tutorial.

4. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    This is very informative for newbies who wanted to get started in installing their website with the Wordpress CMS. I have done similar steps before in installing, and I have used Filezilla FTP software as well. It works like a charm for me. Although free themes are fine, but they are less secured and can easily get hacked due to its vulnerability. It's either you go for a paid theme or install a security Wordpress plugin (which I think paid version can give you more benefits). For me, this is a very helpful basic guide for everyone who doesn't have the clue in installing Wordpress yet.

5. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +103 / -0
    I really never knew so much about how easily we can really develop a website. This tutorial is really an awesome. I hope i will create my website soon. I ma new to seo so never started a real website. I only work with blogger blog.

6. tipstechtut

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    This very good post for newbies who doesn't know basic things, very helpful to them to start a simple website with fallowing this tutorial. I had established wp sites for my friends. Great post how to start a Wordpress blog in step by step instructions. Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +158 / -0
    Thanks for appreciation. It bring more confidence have posted more such thread on WMS.

Thanks Mate!
    Yes, it was a detailed information. My major concern was that this should have more reach and beginner utilize my guide. I will be adding more such useful content about technical and SEO based skills.

8. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I am unable to see where he described about Seo?
    The post shows only for setup wordpress either using Ftp or Cpanel.
    @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra
    Your post is excellent for setting up a wordpress or any other site.

9. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +127 / -0
    Dear @cheezcarls I've few Sites with Free wordpress themes and working fine for me, even one site is 5 years old having good traffic. I didn't face any hacking or security issue.

10. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +103 / -0
    I suggest people to not spoil others thread or go against someone's post when you have not time to read the full post.
    OP did not described anything about SEO. I didn't asked him either.
    I just said, "I m new to seo and i never created a website".
    Being a SEO whom did you want to optimize the site when you are just a beginner.

Every one is beginner some day before they have their own website and if you have one you better know how it took you to get one website.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +158 / -0
    Thank you everyone for your support. With your immense pleasure i am very motivated to launch more such full tutorial based guide for newbie and SEO beginners. Your feedback are really appreciated.
    I will write more about the WordPress issues and guide sooner.
    @bharath:Thanks mate for your encouragement, I will write more such SEO articles soon.
    @swati@swati: Glad you appreciated the thread. I am sure you will llove more such tutorial i am presuming to write on.

12. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    You have mentioned really the major tasks for a newbie to get started on developing a WordPress website. These are the good hosting companies.

13. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    This is a detailed guide.I wish I had read this before I launched my website (or perhaps you had published this before I was launching my website). I registered my domain with xyz and chose shared hosting from namecheap. I have wordpress as CMS.

14. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    You almost explained every step involved in designing WordPress website. Can't we own free domains as well as the free themes.

You almost explained every step involved in designing WordPress website. Can't we own free domains as well as the free themes.

15. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    people aren't spoiling your or somebody threads.everyone is new to anything. I haven't reported any threads so far, but this thread is in Wordpress content management system.
    You can do whatever, but should stay ontopic, thanks for being consideration, I dont want to write any more replies in this thread.

16. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    You have given so much in one post that I was totally engaged reading it for almost 20 minutes or so. I don't think there could be more detailed description on this topic. So I will come again and read it again. That is about all one should know on how to create his blog.

17. rodrigo fischer

rodrigo fischer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Thanks a lot for providing this information. I know a friend who could definitely take a look at this. I maybe will show this to him tomorrow, when the time arrives to be with him, and I will send him a picture of it.
    He is very interested in lauching his own wordpress website so this information will be very useful to him.

18. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +158 / -0
    I am glad more and more people out there liking my post this much. I am sure i will post more such thread in coming future. Thanks everyone for liking my tutorial. Thanks @rodrigo fischer@rodrigo fischer for your interest. I hope you friend would love this information.

19. Bretthuda33

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I am a beginner and this was a tough read for me to get through! I have never installed wordpress before but I think I'll be ready for whenever I do now! I think I might try the WooCommerce plugin as I have seen a lot of good reviews. It is easy to setup and aesthetically pleasing to customers. I am definitely going to bookmark this for future reference.

20. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +158 / -0
    Yes, I am sure it will be helpful indeed. And if you are in mid of something and cannot go through you can always request here on this thread. We will definitely like to help you.

Accessing FTP is fun, and i always recommend people to download, upload files/themes and everything only in the means of FTP client. This is the best way to play on the web.