Tutorial Top 10 Movies That Can Teach You About Business

masterbusiness

Content Writer
Top 10 Movies That Can Teach You About Business

Watching movies will always leave important lessons for its viewers. Movies can tackle a variety of topics and tell stories that have the capability to influence and affect the lives of its viewers. This type of art form can be a venue to discuss ideas and concepts that are usually hard to grasp in a regular set-up. Topics can touch on subjects about love, death, family, crime, and even the triumph of the spirit. Rarely will we come across of movies that talk of finance and handling money.

Below is a list of the top 10 movies that could teach us a thing or two about the importance of money in our daily lives.

How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying (1967)
The story revolves around a man who had a window cleaner for a job, who was able to climb his way to the top. The movie illustrates that there will always be numerous ways to succeed, even for those whose credentials may not be as appealing as compared to those who are up in the ladder of life. What are important to succeed is hard work, creativity, and perseverance.

The Godfather (1972)
The Godfather is a trilogy that is considered as an iconic story in film. This move clearly shows how money can control the world we belong in. Other important lessons include the risks we take in decision-making, and understanding the value of things and debts that need to be paid.

Trading Places (1983)
This movie is a popular comedy classic that tells the story of a high-profile businessman being persuaded to do criminal activities, while a street criminal is being turned into a businessman. It is an interesting movie to see the differences and each character and how they react to the situation at hand. This movie teaches the lesson learning to prioritize one’s own finances before anything else.

Field Of Dreams (1989)
This movie would be great for entrepreneurs that have great ideas that they want to pursue. This movie teaches the importance of weighing the pros and cons of every situation, and the value of risk-taking especially when dreams are big.

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)
This is the perfect film to teach the importance of hard selling to be able to succeed in a failing economy. The main character in this movie is forced to push a group of unsuccessful salesmen into producing better outcomes. Moments in the film illustrate that confidence and success are directly related, and that no one with a low level of confidence will have a high probability of success. Extraordinary measure should be taken unwarranted success.

Shawshank Redemption (1994)
This highly-acclaimed film tackles the life of wrongly accused banker from New England that eventually escapes from prison due to his carefully planned scheme. It portrays various messages like perseverance, dedication, and hard work. These traits are best for planning one’s economic and financial future, especially in a declining economy. It also illustrates the importance of being adaptable and versatile no matter what cards your dealt with.

Jerry Maguire (1996)
This movie about fast-paced and intense sports, featuring a sports agent trying to get back on his feet is also perfect for anyone wanting to learn a thing or two about the value of money. Jerry Maguire also learns the importance of people over money. His journey towards self-discovery is admirable to watch. The values in this film are great to apply in business ethics. But another important nugget of wisdom imparted by this film is that there is more to life than being rich especially when you are sure with your capabilities.

Wall Street (1997)
This is a perfect example of a business-themed film set in the 1980s. One of the most pivotal moments in this film illustrates the mechanics of greed in the corporate world that is very rampant in these desperate times. One of the important characters in this film known as the Gekko has now turned into an iconic character because of its unbridled greed that may serve as an example to those who want to plunge into handling corporate finances.

The Big Lebowski (1998)
Another iconic film, this movie illustrates the crazed obsession of people with money, and the things they to do to get their hands on some. Anyone from all walks of life would never say no to cold hard cash, and this movie exemplifies the importance of creativity in achieving what they want, and finding alternative solutions to solving problems especially involving finances.

Boiler Room (2000)
This movie is the perfect example of the existence of losers and winners. This show that even though not everyone may prevail in the world of sales and business, we are all given the opportunity to grab it one way or the other. It’s those that make an effort are those more likely to succeed. This thinking may be applied in business and in the workplace.

cheezcarls

It's Game Time!
To be honest, I have watched The Wall Street and I have learned a lot about it. In the network marketing business that I am in right now, we had an event for our team in a resort, and one of our activities is to do film showing, and that is The Wall Street. I have finally learned on how to do the business right, and implementing it on my own. Other films that I have watched in order to improve my business are The Pursuit of Happiness and Facing The Giants. They are kinda more on inner development for us to do our business very well. Just my two cents.

ipol12

Yellow Belt
Honestly, I never saw any movies mentioned except Jerry McGuire. I almost forgot the story but I can still remember Jerry's struggle as a manager. I think I should reconsider this film to know more about business aside from looking at the beautiful Renee Zellweger. :)

Ramakrishnan

This is a new information to me. Frankly speaking, I haven't watched any of the movies referred here, because my concepts about movies are entirely different.

patrickkenyi

This is interesting, many people don't really take too much from movies; they just normally forget most of what they watched in a few days or longer depending on how interested they were in the movie. Out of the movies mentioned above, I have only watched The Godfather, which I have forgotten most of.

SirJoe

Don't forget these are movies and not real life, the ideas that you might get from these movies have to be taken with a pinch of salt. They are interesting but I wouldn't base my business plane on any one movie. Hollywood has a habit of making everything end happily.

briannagodess

Goodness, I am such a newbie for not even watching any one of these movies. I better start my game on and watch them ASAP to know more about businesses and how to manage them. I think I'll start with the Godfather because I heard about that one before but never really for its business side. Then Wall Street is a newer one I think but has gotten positive reviews from people. Thank you for sharing these, comes in handy for people like me!

Vinaya

I have watched Shawshank Redemption and Godfather but not others.In my opinion these movies have nothing to do with business. If this is all about interpretation, tell me about any movie and I will relate it to a business strategy.

steve taylor

White Belt
There are many way to teach yourself about business and increase your knowledge in your business.
Movies are the One of the good way to teach yourself.
And more way are available like books but in movies your interest is more and it is always good for your business.

Doominic anderson

White Belt
I love to watch movie in my gap time when i don't have any work burden but it is my fun part,some movies give us good thoughts and it may apply in our daily life work and wherever it is required, and i also used some thoughts to find solution for some problem,but i never use this for business purpose.Your tutorial shows that you did it and it's working for you, i will try to see them and use it for my business purpose.

VIVEK KUMAR

White Belt
Knowledge can come any ways and you can learn.
Business movies is one of the good source of knowledge .
You can watch business related movies and improve your business knowledge.
It is not boring due to it is available fully digital and everybody like movies.