Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial Top 10 Must Have Seo Wordpress Plugins

Discussion in 'Wordpress Content Management System' started by Zirkon Kalti, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    WordPress plugins make it easier for you to maintain your blog. Not all plugins are good. Some plugins don't work as advertised in the description. Lousy plugins can also cause your blog to crash. It is important to always do research on the best plugins to install on your WordPress blogs. The following is a a must have WordPress plugins list.

1. WordPress SEO by Yoast

wordpress-seo-by-yoast.

WordPress SEO by Yoast is the top WordPress SEO plugin. It has more than 1 million downloads and numerous positive feedback from users. It has a rating of 4.5. The plugin lets you add title and meta for all the pages on your blog including the homepage. It can automatically social bookmark the new blog post on various social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus. It can also generate XML sitemap for your blog.

2. W3 Total Cache

W3 Total Cache.

W3 Total Cache can speed up the loading of your site by caching database queries and serving static pages. You can determine what pages are cached and the duration of the cached version. W3 Total Cache can reduce the size of your HTML, JavaScript and CSS by getting rid of the white spaces in the files. It can be integrated with a variety of CDNs such as Amazon CloudFront.

3. Better Wordpress Minify

bwp-minify-manage-enqueued-files1.

Better Wordpress Minify is a PHP 5 application that functions just like the W3 Total Cache. It can improve the loading speed of your Wordpress site by combining multiple CSS/JS files and removing whitespaces. You will be able to make changes to different Minify settings such as cache age from the admin panel. It supports inline styles, RTL style sheets, media specific stylesheets and conditional stylesheets. The enqued files can be moved to another location such as header, footer from the management page.

4. AntiSpam Bee

plugin-wordpress-antispam-bee.

AntiSpam Bee will automatically send the spam comments into the trash. More than 200,000 users are using AntiSpam bee to get rid of spam comments. AntiSpam Bee is a good alternative to Akismet. You can set AntiSpam Bee to block visitors from certain countries. It can also block comments that are written in certain languages. It can help you to get rid of trackback spams on your blog. Just like all plugins, it will accidentally send the real comments into trash. You can train this plugin to behave properly on your blog by spending time to mark the good comments as not spam.

5. Duplicator
    Duplicator.

Duplicator is a useful plugin you can use to backup your site. There are a few requirements you need to pass before you can use the plugin. If you fail any of the requirement, you can find out how to resolve it by visiting the provided link. For example, if you fail at Zip Archive Enabled, you need to upgrade your PHP version. It can only archive your blog in zip format. There is no need to enable the database filters unless there are some pages you don't want to include in the site backup.

6. SumoMe

sumome-site-logo.

SumoMe is an all in one plugin that bundles up a lot of free marketing and analytic tools. SumoMe focuses on 3 things including email opt-ins, social sharing and analytics. The plugin was created by Noah Kagan and the App Sumo team. The free version of SumoMe include tools such as list builder, scroll box, highlighter, smart bar, content analysis, image sharer and heat maps. The list builder is a pop up box that appear after visitors visited a few of your pages. The scroll box is a pop up that ask the visitor to submit their email address for newsletter subscription. The smart bar is an email opt in bar located on top of the page. SumoMe can display your Google Analytics stats conveniently without you having to log into your Google account.

7. NextScripts Auto Poster

NextScripts Auto Poster.

NextScripts Auto Poster can automatically post all your new posts to your social network account. It can automatically post to a variety of social networks such as Blogger, Delicious, Facebook, Google +, Linked In, Pinterest, WP Blog, Twitter and Tumblr. You will be able to customize the title and text description format for each of the posts you make on the social media networks. If you use this plugin with care, it will be useful for promoting your posts for the search engines.

8. Fast Secure Contact Form

Fast-Secure-Contact-Form.

Fast Secure Contact Form lets you add contact forms onto your Wordpress blog. The fields in the contact form can be rearranged in any order you want. Users will be able to use the contact forms to send emails to the site admin as well as arrange a meeting appointment to talk on telephone or video call. You can create more than one form s for your blog. There is no need to click on any link in your confirmation email message to use the contact form. You can set the redirect URL after the users submitted their messages on the contact form.

9. Jetpack

Jetpack.

Jetpack offers a variety of services for your blog such as site stats, security, improving image loading speed, galleries, carousels and etc. There are all together 33 function modules including 21 modules that are activated by default. Some of the modules it offers include publicize, sharing, related posts, photon, mobile theme, shortcode, monitor, spelling/grammar, vaultpress and sidebar widgets. You can deactivate any module that you don't want to use by default. You can see a complete list of modules and their description by clicking on Show all Jetpack functions at the bottom of the dashboard.

10. All in One Schema.org Rich Snippets

All-In-One-Schema-Rich-Snippets-Plugin.

All in One Schema.org Rich Snippets is a plugin that let you add snippets about your product that will appear in the search result description. It allows you to display a variety of snippets for your products or services including star ratings, author, product images, and prices. The Rich Snippet plugin can help you to increase your CTR (click through rate) and rank on top of the search result. It also display a more accurate information on your product when someone share your link on Facebook.

Conclusion

In conclusion, above are the top 10 SEO plugins you can use to optimize your website. There are many more quality SEO Wordpress plugins for you to explore yourself. You should try one plugin at a time to find out whether it is useful for the search engine optimization of your Wordpress blog.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I use wordpress seo by yoast, as well as jetpack. However, rest of the plugins you have mentioned here are very new to me. Thanks for the wonderful wordpress lession. I hope to make use some of these especially duplicator and fast secure contact form

3. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    Yes, Ofcourse all are good, I guess some are paid one too.
    Also, Here are some more essential tools you might want to try.
    Broken links checker - Plugin to check internal and external broken links.
    SEO smart link - It automatically hypertext the link to the relevant text or word in the content.
    Good luck!

4. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    I would like to thank you for putting up this wonderful information about the recommended plugins that we use for our Wordpress sites. I do use Wordpress SEO by Yoast, W3 Total Cache, AntiSpam Bee, Jetpack and Fast Secure Contact Form in my affiliate marketing blog before, but now I've learned something here. I admitted that the other plugins I didn't mention are still new to my eyes, and I would highly consider these to install on my niche Wordpress blog.

Thanks for the heads up @Zirkon Kalti@Zirkon Kalti. I appreciated the valuable information that you give to us, and it will help a lot of webmasters for sure. Cheers!