Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial Top 10 Off Page Seo Techniques To Drive Traffic In 2016

Discussion in 'General SEO Topics' started by Manish Mishra, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    You have an attractive website design. Your website navigation is very intuitive. Your contents are informative and very engaging. Almost you have perfected the website. You have wonderful selection of the keywords and entire website is fully optimized.

This is not that everything has been done to your website. It does not matter how engaging and compelling your website is, if it does not have traffic, it has nothing.

If you have done a wonderful On-page SEO then it is now essential for you to do same level of off page SEO. Here, I am going to introduce you the top 10 off page seo tactics you need to follow in 2016 to get traffic. I assure you these are the best off site marketing practice that can drive you traffic like charm.

1. Social Media

If you have maintained the inbound links from these sources you will no doubt reach to a massive traffic. These are very common interest in 2016 to maintain social media channels from which you can receive more inbound links as well as traffic.

For most businesses it is said that if you happen to manage only four major social media platform you do not have much to do with the rest. These are:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Google+
    LinkedIn

[​IMG]

This increase your reach to the customers contacts and you can make it most by sharing the interests and informative contents. With the social media stand you are also bale to make a good online reputation of your brand or product.

2. Guest Posting

This is another most effective way to reach out to your audience. It should be like you want to provide the information rather always flooding with the anchor text and backlinks play. You can sometimes, avoid linking to your keywords and instead provide some real reading to your audience. Let your audience have some real good information about the product/brand you are into. Audience often caught with the reviews or sales type content that they prefer to skip. Let them come more naturally and entertain them with some real good ideas.

3. Pictures, videos and presentation sharing

Websites like Flickr, Picasa, Vimeo, and YouTube could be your best friends promoting and bring the traffic you are looking for. Thus, slide presentation, Images and videos could be your weapon in high traffic internet. You just need to have idea to use the. These websites have comments option that is also let you audience join your hands.

4. Social Bookmarking

Social bookmarking is an excellent tool that is proven since last decade. This emerging trend can really boost your website with a lot of traffic in no time. They may not be linking with your sites directly but they can be good hand to hand reach to the audience. Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon, etc, are the few examples of the top social bookmarking websites.

[​IMG]

5. Directories

Directories have been hammered badly within the previous many updates by Google. Yes, they should be and SPAM should be avoided. I am not encouraging you to go for such poor directory submission but yes, some very high quality directories like Dmoz, Yellow Pages, and Google My Business should be your priority.

These are very traffic and high quality websites, from where you can expect some link juice as well. There is no certainty though, a submission and approval process could be done in hours and sometimes it takes months. The best part is you can expect some real good traffic directly or indirectly to your websites in no time. Listing to top notch directories makes your website an excellent reputation over the search engines.

6. Press Releases

Press releases are used to announce about a product launch or an introduction of a brand name. Press releases are another best thing and they do not let you wait for weeks and months for approval. This is, however, best source for organic traffic. If your press releases making it out then journalist and bloggers can get you organic links and more reach. You need to make it not look clumsy but n appealing piece of work while creating minimum links.

[​IMG]

7. Reviews

Consumer reviews websites like Trustpilot and Yelp can be very advantageous. These review sites can be very profitable if you are having positive reviews about your product/brand because they look great care of customer prospective looks. Also, if you want you can provide link to your website. You should avoid giving reward against some good reviews because this could make a lot of sense to others.

8. Blog & forum sharing

It is a good practice to follow always a “Do Follow” forums and blogs but not necessary when you have a chance to put words even in “No Follow” forums and blogs. Having no follow you can answer questions, showcase your expertise and give the best to prove your business. Similar topic forums and blogs can be a “Big Plus” or more when you have a signature link.

9. Local Listing

Listing in local directories is a good way considering your website niche listing in appropriate category. If you have a website to promote, you should start it promoting first at local base. Before you jump into huge global competition from the same niche website, you first list your website locally. This is a good way to let the search engines easily view your websites and collect all the information about your business. Reaching to targeted audience is another benefit by listing locally. Some of the websites you should consider are: Google Maps, Yahoo Local, Google Local, Yellow Pages, etc,

[​IMG]

10. Build relationships

You should also engage yourself with the mutual benefits relationships with companies those who offers services and products. If you give them audience they will do the same. This is a win-win theory for both of you.

These really have been proven best off page techniques from the last decade. Method of using techniques can be changed but not the method itself.
    You never know which way you can get the massive traffic because sometimes a needle can do best at the same time a sword can be worse.

2. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Wonderful points you share here @Manish Mishra@Manish Mishra, but I'm a little concerned about #10. Can you explain how "building relationships" is an off-page SEO technique? For me, building relationships can be implemented in all of the 9 techniques you mentioned above. I don't think it's considered an off-page SEO technique. but rather a strategy to make these techniques work. Just my two cents man.

Of all the points you have listed here in your thread, I think social media and press release distribution are the top ones for me. Both of them are booming right now, and getting traffic with them is totally crazy.

I have posted a similar thread here, but I only mentioned 5 of them:

My 2 Cents - Off-page Seo Tactics That Are Still Working Until Now

3. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Dear cheezcarls,
    First off, I am glad you go thoroughly my post and read each and every points i mentioned. This is one of the reason why i love this place, WMS. And another thanks because you are the first one who asked question otherwise people just put the positive comments, i don't know what they meant to be doing with that.
    Let's start understanding off page, Sorry i had less time to cover all the topic even though it took my lot of time.
    Off page seo means what we do being off the website. It simply means we are not working on our site but somewhere else by any means.
    I said "building relationship" in term that you can build relationship with the same brand/product you are trying to promote. Exchanging would be the best word to understand it, i guess.
    Imagine a situation, you are selling Filipino shoes and so do i. If we both are on the mid of success, I hope you don't mind sharing my sites on your websites and of course i will not. It could be anything a banner/promotional article/hosted page, link, etc,

4. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +21 / -0
    Some important techniques of off-page seo are:-
    1:Social Media Engagement
    2:Building backlinks on well ranked sites.
    3:Forum submission.
    4:Good research on keywords which increases crowd.
    5:Article writing with adding keywords
    6:Blog submission
    These techniques helps the website to come up in the search,especially building backlinks and good articles with appropriate keywords.
    Use of social networking sites like facebook,twitter,linkedin for seo purpose also gives advantage for the website.

5. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Yes, these off pages technique really get you a real huge traffic you are looking for. Thanks for sharing mate. I hope it will really help people who are going to plan for developing off page seo tactics for 2016.

6. Swati Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +105 / -0
    I found building backlink and social media promotion is the key tool for off page SEO. If i have to optimize my website i will prefer both of these techniques more than anything as far as Off page SEO in concern.

7. niranjan kumar

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Keyword research
    Niche blog commenting
    Niche link building
    Fourm posting
    Social bookmarking ( it's a most populer way to improve traffic to your website)
    Directory Submission (Built quality back link and rank your website in SERPs)
    Article submission (high page rank and high domain and page authority)
    broken link/remove analysis
    mobile search optimization
    deep linking

8. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Thanks for your contribution. However, most of the tips you have mentioned, i already cover with my tutorial. But i am glad for peopling adding their knowledge to make this thread so important.

9. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    If the business you are after, is focusing to targeting the local people live in nearby you, consider having some activity at local classified sites.

Local classified sites have tons of visitors each day and can converts the hits into the sales you could not achieve if you would have adopted other tactics.

10. surya kumar

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Press releases
    Classifieds/ Adpost
    Blog commenting
    And for a business sites coupon sites will brings much traffic.
    I want some info regarding mobile optimization and deep linking.