Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion Top 10 Paypal Alternative In 2016

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by selvaa, Jan 30, 2016.

1. selvaa

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +56 / -0
    PayPal Alternative: Top 10 Services To Make Online Payments​

paypal-alternative.

Paypal has become so famous that it has free payment processing and also supports a large variety of banks. If both the receiver and sender has a valid pay-pal account it becomes very easy to transfer money. But pay-pal isn't enough to do transactions there are a numerous sites which does a lot more than pay-pal.

1. Google Wallet

google wallet.

Google wallet is one of the best way to send and receive money. It is as easy as it can be transfer with just one click. You can even save debit cards, credit cards. Lets now see the pros and cons about Google wallet.

Pros

• Usage of single card instead of debit card.
    • Google works 24*7 in fraud monitoring and purchase protection.
    • Strong integration with Google account.
    Cons

Cards aren’t accepted as compared to PayPal.

Commission

Google wallet is free as you have to pay the standard transfer charges.

Where does Google wallet works

All the Google wallet features are only available only in united States.

2. Skrill

skrill.

This is an alternative for pay-pal. They are used to send only to an email. Receivers can only withdraw to their debit cards, account. The receivers can easily withdraw the money.

Pros

Skrill works on more than 200 country, top level security, acceptance is wide, transaction fee is less.

Commission

They take only 1% of send money as commission and the maximum amount of commission is set to 10 Euros. Skrill is free if swift transfer method is used if credit and debit cards are used standard charges are taken.

3. Payoneer

payoneer.

This is the best choice for professionals who work as a freelancer and marketers. The highlight of payoneer is receivers can receive money from any part of the world. Payoneer uses local bank transfer and global transfers.

Pros

• Available in more than 200 countries
    • Transactions are available in more than 100 countries
    • Huge acceptance

Cons

Credit card rent is a bit high

Commission

Transfer is dependent upon country where you live.

4.Stripe

stripecard.

Stripe acts as an easy alternative for PayPal they also accept many cards like visa, master-card and American express. Stripe acts only in few countries so your country must be in the selected cities.

Pros

• Plugins are simple
    • Mobile integrated payments
    • Payments are available from any country

Cons

The only problem with stripe is they support only 19 country

5.Dwolla

dwolla.

This also is an alternative for pay-pal, they are used to send money to anyone over the internet. Using dwolla you can send money to your email contacts your twitter followers and linked-in connections. The uniqueness of dwolla is that mass-pay, which lets you process thousand of payments at a time.

Pros

• Dwolla is a free service and transaction charges are even very low.
    • UI is very simple.
    • They support Android an ios.
    Cons

Acceptance is low compared to pay-pal
    Transfer of money takes 2 days.

Commission

Dwolla takes only 0.25 paise as commission

6. 2CHeckout

2checkout.

2checkout is only a partial alternative for pay-pal. They support 8 different type of transactions.

Commission

2checkout has a bit higher transaction rates

Pros

EFT fund release is automatic

Cons

Transfer of money between users is not allowed.

7. We-pay

wepay.

In order to get a payment from your users we-pay makes an virtual terminal and these are very attractive. We-pay supports only international cards.

Commission

We-pay has the commission just like others.

8. Selz

These are used by small business owner to transfer money. This is also suitable for freelance bloggers.

Commission

They charge only 5%+$0.25 as commission.

Pros

• Easy to use
    • Supports many countries

9. Amazon Payments

amazon.

These are done by the giants - Amazon. Amazon gives different transactions for different people.
    Webpay from Amazon lets users to do transactions.

Pros

• The name Amazon we can go for that
    • Wide acceptance
    Cons

Well webpay is only for US individuals

Commission

Yes amazon is free on users view. But amazon commission is a bit high.

10. Square

Square.

Square is an alternative for paypal with a new implementation. Square gives you a card reader which works perfectly with apple and android users.

Commission

Square transaction charges are2.75%.

2. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    I heard a lot of positive reviews towards Payoneer and Skrill but it was not yet widely used in my country. I just made an account on Skrill while still yet to register for Payoneer. How about Payza? Any reviews? With regards to Google Wallet, it's not yet available in my country yet. I do hope it would be widely used too.

3. Alexandoy

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    Although I am sticking to Paypal, I'd still say that this is a very informative post. I have seen Google Wallet but this is the first time that I got to know of its features that it works like Paypal. I guess there will be more pretenders to the throne of Paypal since people are turning to internet particularly the online shopping which is now popular even in 3rd world countries. A payment tool like Paypal will definitely be the mode used by online shoppers in lieu of the traditional credit card which is susceptible to hacking.

4. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Among these alternatives, I like using Skrill. My country Pakistan is supported by them and I get the withdrew amount within 2 or 3 days, if there are no holidays after making the withdrawal request.

Also, it can be used to send and receive money without high charges along with high security.

5. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    Very informative, I was not aware that Skrill has reduced its charges as I have not used it for four years now but then their fee were too high every transaction. I just checked that one my banks had no dealing with PayPal but that is also on the list now.

6. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I appreciate the effort in listing down other payment methods aside from Paypal as this is also useful to those who want to explore other means of transacting online. Placing the pros and cons is also good so users can be guided thoroughly in using a particular payment method.

7. juliets_journal

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    I am only stack with paypal though I know it has its own cons. This is because most of the sites I work with online require that their employees have a paypal account as a mandatory requirement. I know of skrill and I know they are good but I do not have an account with them. I am hoping on getting a payoneer card by creating a payoneer account.

8. Doominic anderson

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +20 / -0
    Awesome explanation of all the online payment processing which helps everyone to choose the best among them to use as per one's requirement.
    I prefer to use Paypal because of its free service and good support,i have never face any problem regarding payment processing through Paypal.
    Google wallet is also good because of its service and faith of people on google which makes it best search engine.

9. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +115 / -0
    Paypal is the most popular and most trusted of all the processors listed here. I don't think Skrill is secure even though I have withdraw once from there. They don't look like a trustworthy e-wallet.

10. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    Skrill have more security and most of the Germans use it and popular in Germany. I used years back and the fee was too high compared to Paypal.
    The only answer of mine is their is no alternative to Paypal still today. If we compare in a chart, then we could find the best one. It is a similar case like Adsense where we could not find any more alternative PPC site.

@OP
    Can you make a chart of $100 transaction with every payment processor and their fee rate? Comparison charts shows in a good view than reading article.

11. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +156 / -0
    Most of the people prefer to PayPal than to any other available payment method. This might be the reason why PayPal increasing their profit day by day. I am also looking forward to if any other payment processing company can be widely used instead of PayPal. I tried with Skrill but later they increases the charges that went very high and i find myself inconvenience to use it.

12. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +124 / -0
    Indeed, there has been much discussion is going on about payment processing in different threads at this forum. Its is the fact that most of the people are using Paypal. If anybody has satisfied with another payment processor and personally using well, so please share his/her true experience here about that.

#12 sunshine, Feb 24, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  13. steve taylor

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    A normal people can use one or two payment services but it is necessary to know about all the payment service provider facilities so we can take a decision to select one of them. I am a paypal user, In future if required I think about one of them.

14. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    I am too looking to move from Paypal as their exchange rate is very bad comparing to some of the payment processors. I am looking forward to go with Payza if they have low fees. I had Moneybookers, but they looks like back in these days still looking if any other payment processor will come to beat Paypal.

15. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +124 / -0
    I think nobody have good experience with other payment processor rather than Paypal, as most of the global transactions has been done by Paypal.

16. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +53 / -0
    I am tired of using this Paypal as I want to spend money online instead of withdrawing to bank account. I used long back a lot of payment processors like E-gold, Money bookers, Alertpay and few more, but they didn't made any problems and at that time getting funds into them are easy, but now nobody pays money in other processors.

17. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +156 / -0

I believe, you need to wait for a long time and until then i suggest you to use PayPal. PayPal is faster or equals to any fast payment processing unit and the best part is most clients accept this to send/receive funds. I am not seeing anyone else to stand with PayPal in next 10 years.