Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My Suggestion Top 10 Popular Alternatives To Wordpress In 2016

Discussion in 'Wordpress Content Management System' started by selvaa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. selvaa

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +56 / -0
    Top 10 Popular Alternatives to WordPress
    There are many publishing platforms other than WordPress. We can use WordPress Alternatives to build our websites. So, in this article we will show you 16 most popular alternatives to WordPress.

1.Medium

It is one of the popular publishing platforms. It is not like WordPress. It is not a full content management system. Its focus is blogging. It paves way to connect people with the concepts and ideas that matter to them.

Medium is made to provide free writing area for publishers. It is comfortable on all screen sizes and devices. There are no themes or plug-in in it.

Medium has responses and inline notes instead of using comments. Here you can use your own domain names.

2.Ghost

In case, WordPress users feel like it is going in a different direction. This gave birth to Ghost, which is a Node JS based blogging software. Ghosts keeps clutters away and focuses on blogging. This enables a nice writing and browsing experience.

3.Joomla

It is one of the strong, open source and multi-purpose CMS. It contains huge community of users and developers. Joomla contains all the functions of the WordPress and many more. It contains extensions and templates. Joomla also has a community support system and it runs on most web hosting platforms.

4.Drupal

Drupal is also a popular open source CMS. Drupal has strong user base and developer community. It powers approximately 2.1% of all websites including some major government websites. It also has modules and themes. It shares the same requirements as Joomla and WordPress.

5.Tumblr

Tumblr is a famous free blogging platform. It make blogging easier and fun. Tumblr is acquired by Yahoo in 2013.

Tumblr allows the user to use custom domain names for their blogs. It is a completely hosted solution, so don't worry about installing and maintaining any software.

6.CMS Made Simple

This is also an open source CMS with the same features as Joomla and WordPress. It is written in PHP. It contains themes and modules. It enables free community support and extensive documentation to get you started.

7.Wix

It is a hosted website builder. It is for personal and business sites. It contains drag and drop page builder. Wix has eCommerce support, which allows the site owners to make online payments authorize.net.

8.Weebly

Weebly is an online site builder. It contains pre-designed templates and drag and drop page builder. It has limited eCommerce support.

9.Google Sites

Google Sites is a simpler and easier way to build small websites. It free to host, easy to use and you can custom domain for you sites. But it cannot be compared with CMS software.

10.Blogger

And the final one is Blogger. It is still active. This is hosted by Google. It contains almost all options for blogging. It has a built-in social capabilities, a commenting system and it is easy to use. You can use your own domain name in it.

2. ellyjude

White Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    Tumblr is common in my country. I wonder why people prefer it to wordpress. Anyone with experience using both to kindly share.

3. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Many of my friends prefer Blogger than to WordPress. Well, I ma the big WordPress lover and love to play with it. I find there are easy theme development and navigation is fantastic.

Development of a website in WordPress is quite easier than in any other platform i have known yet. And the best part is, Google loves it!!

4. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    No one will suit for wordpress, as it is just like adsense that never meets the criteria. I ask a question do you like to use any of these cms instead of wordpress?
    I am using Drupal, but it doesn't meet for blogging platform at all. The seo score is great in Drupal than wordpress that I can say blindly.