Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial Top 10 Tips To Make Your Site A Hummingbird Favorite

Discussion in 'General SEO Topics' started by selvaa, Jan 9, 2016.

1. selvaa

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +56 / -0
    SEO tips that makes your site a Hummingbird favorite

What happened exactly after the Hummingbird release, what SEO strategies don’t work anymore?

Spinning articles:

Before Google Panda days this tactic has worked a lot, but now using the same tactics will be the root cause for penalizing the website because Google hates useless contents and spun articles. It is better to stop investing in these software or any kind of services that spins our content.

Buying links:

Buying links is extremely risky for startup and well developed brands.With reference to the previous era (before google panda updates) the outcome from this process has been drastically dropped.

Creating so-so content:

Hummingbird updates came with the higher purpose of promoting good contents, so creating meaningless content using recycled article will never helps in promoting the brands.
    The winning SEO alternatives

The following are the 10 SEO tactics that will please Hummingbird and also improve your Google ranking:

1.Outstanding content

A reader would spend time in the article if and only if it is longer and more informative. This is merit that Google takes to rank such websites higher.

2.Effective keyword research

The successful marketers are researching for actual topics rather than specific keywords and phrase. Google has set the preference level which changes the natural way of search for relevant information thus providing effecting keywords in the content which helps in your marketing process.

3.Naturally used keywords

Please consider the reader’s mindset also while writing a content, but not only focusing on SEO purpose alone. This will indirectly helps to obtain a higher page rank.

4.Useful page titles

Declaring a perfect titles is essential for more important topics. Choose a title which has a single focus of the topic in it.

5.Page loading time

Faster the loading time, the higher you would get preference. So, find the optimal hosting service to please the new algorithm.

6.HTML tags

Adding your keyword or phrases in an H1 heading tag will work fine but overdo this might end up with a penalty, rather than a higher ranking.

7.URLs

Using keywords or phrases in the URL of the page works, but is counterproductive when done in excess. For example a URL such as www.hostingserver.com/hostingserver may be a bit much.

8.Mobile responsive web design

It is must that your website should support mobile devices as most of the people migrate to mobile devices than the computers. In mobile devices your page will load faster and people will not be disappointed about the loading time.

9.Guest posting

We should be careful that Google cannot tolerate that you can send a link-ridden post into the blogosphere. The best way is to create content-driven articles for quality blogs and concentrate on sharing ideas.

10.Internal links

Internal linking is a winning option that readers would find useful as long as you are linking to content on you website that is related to the topic being discussed.

2. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Thanks for this write up mate. You really have lighten up on how to save your website from hummingbird update.
    It is really been dangerous to use duplicate content, focusing on link buying. The Google is taking on hand everything and it is really good to follow the natural way to develop traffic.

3. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Spinning the articles not only causes losing your visitors, but it leads to mistrust of the people who were engaged with your content.

4. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    Even if you follow the entire rules, you may not succeed. On the other hand, some times you don't follow the basic rules yet, you can succeed. I was still new to online writing and I did not know about SEO or any other Google updates. I published an article "Home remedies for long and thick hair", last time I checked the article, if you ranked #4.

5. amultani

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    We should use the content that is created by ourselves using our mind. Don't try to use ideas applied by others.

6. fsdqasmia

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Following the rules strictly may lead you to the success, however, being simpler in writing will not make you down.

7. Furqan Rashid

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +38 / -0
    Quality content is the key to boost your ranking. Being sincere to what you are doing is also necessary for ranking up in google.

8. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Content will always remain the king. It does not matter how likely a search engine can change itself but the content is something that cannot be avoided at all. After the decades, It is getting more priority than to any other factors in SEO.

I really like your thread. You tried to cover all aspects of SEO in regards to improvement of a website. We are really going to keep this noted.

9. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Very well explained about making your website getting liked by Google and not getting flagged by the Hummingbird. I would like to make a special point about spun articles. Yes I do agree that spinning software does have issues when it comes to generating spun content, but not most of the time. I do respect spinning software like The Best Spinner, Spinnerchief and so on, but I think Spin Rewriter 6.0 is an exception to Google Hummingbird. It uses ENL Semantic technology that no other software have in terms of spinning high quality content, plus it has high quality grammar, spelling and Copyscape premium checker too. So it means not all spinning software are bad for Google Hummingbird.

10. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    spunned articles are tough to understand and they are not meant to be a story for using on blogs. You have saying while writing guest post we should be careful, but how? they use bots to find the spam of link building methods.

11. Petesede

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    I started my site about 5 years ago, and never did anything to try to cheat. I never even worked at creating backlinks, I just let them happen. I also focused on the quality of my articles and only played around a little bit with keywords. My rules are simple, make sure the keyword is in the URL, meta-title, meta-description, H1 title and then a few times in the article. But the most important thing is to write quality stuff.

Every time Google does a major update, my article jump, and I am sure it is because I am now beating all those people who tried to cheat. And here is the thing, all that stuff about creating backlinks artificially is a lot of work.. that work is MUCH better spent making your articles better. So many of those guys spun articles, spammed backlinks, and now have nothing to show for it while my articles will be earning me money for many years to come.

12. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    Thanks @selvaa for this wonderful post. This is more than amazing, we really appreciate you for taking this time out to write such a wonderful post.

You just need to be sticky with every update any search engines made. You need to know what is their likes and dislikes, this will help you working and improving how good could you do to your website.

Hummingbird is the latest update from Google, it simply asking people and webmasters to go more natural. The key to success in SEO is doing everything that seems like natural and practically loves by search engines.

13. MyDigitalpoint

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    I second your thought and may add that another drawback of spinning content is coming with crap content, whether because the original article might be already a spun or low-quality piece of a PRL pack, or when spinning is made with either a plugins or automated software for easiness.

Worst practice someone could have in mind even without keeping in mind Google algorithm facts.

14. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    If we don't focus on hummingbird update but focus on entire optimisation, more proper results can be obtained. We don't know hen Google will update its algorithm and change the way of ranking. So all of our efforts can be lost forever. Therefore, we should just try to optimise the site as much as we can. Do proper ON-PAGE and OFF-PAGE SEO for our site. Never perform any black hat activity on the site at any cost. In this way, we can confirm long-term results, even after the latest update of Google.

15. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Thanks for writing this post OP. The Google Hummingbird update has definitely changed many things and I am now sure that many people will require to change their website quite a bit in order to fit the new requirements. Also, some people will have to change their mentality in order to become a hummingbird favorite by making more high quality articles.

16. dezigngeek

dezigngeek New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    With the update of Hummingbird and penguin, Many websites got Hit by it. There rankings dropped down and they need to restore them by updating their websites with specific amendments as you have mentioned that will make there website a humming bird favorite. You need to stop building links to fast for that will weaken you rankings. :)

17. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    Exactly, now with the Hummingbird program quality is a lot more important than quantity. I think this is actually a good thing as it will lead a lot more traffic to better websites, in my opinion.

18. Nadeem Akhtar

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Can i use rewriting content for article submission

19. sunnerindia

sunnerindia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    People that succeed with SEO do two things very well:
    First, they identify SEO techniques that get them results.
    Second, they put 100% of their resources into executing and scaling those techniques.
    But you’re probably wondering:
    “How do I find SEO strategies that actually work?”
    Well today I’m going to make it easy for you.
    All you need to do is carve out a few minutes of your day and tackle one of the 21 white hat SEO techniques below.
    1. Find Broken Link Building Opportunities on Wikipedia
    2. Discover Untapped Keywords on Reddit
    3. Update, Upgrade and Republish Old Blog Posts (This Increased My Traffic by 111.37%)
    4. Copy Adwords Ads to Make Killer Title and Description Tags
    5. Find A+ Link Prospects on AllTop
    6. Use Benefit-Focused Content Curation
    7. Link Out to Authority Sites
    8. Send Juice to Pages Sitting on Page 2 or 3
    9. Add This One Word to Your Outreach Email…and Increase Your Response Rate by 45%
    10. Write Mini Blog Posts for YouTube Descriptions
    11. Reverse Engineer the Results on Page 6
    12. Embed Long Tail Keywords In Title Tags
    13. Hack Wikipedia for Keyword and Topic Ideas
    14. Use “Best of” Lists to Find Awesome Link Targets
    15. Publish Content With At Least 1,800Words
    16. Remember the “First Link Priority Rule”
    17. Create Your Own Keywords
    18. Find Undiscovered Keywords With This Little-Known Tool.
    19. Use Expert Roundups to Generate Links and Social Shares on Autopilot
    20. Find Niche-Specific Link Building Opportunities Using Flippa
    21. Use Facebook Ads for Keyword Research

20. hynds

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    How about the deference between Google Hummingbird and Google Panda?