Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Tutorial Top 7 Online Backlink Analysis Tool You Can Use For Free

Discussion in 'Guest Posting, Link Building and Backlinks' started by Zirkon Kalti, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +118 / -0
    Backlink is an important ranking factor taken into account by all search engines. There are many free online backlink checker tool that can help you to analyze your backlinks and make further improvement on the SEO of your blog. The following are the 7 top backlink analysis tools.

High_Quality_Backlinks.

1. SEMRush

SEMRush is a leading SEO tool that you can use to perform backlink analysis. To use SEMRush to analyze your backlinks, you must first visit the homepage of SEMRush and fill in the registration form in the left. It is completely free to sign up for the SEMRush account. As soon as you have signed up, you can start using it to check your backlinks. You simply enter your domain name into the search box on top of the dashboard to analyze it. After you press Enter, you must go to Backlinks on the left to see the list of backlinks that are pointing to your site. You can go to the Referring domains to see the list of site that are pointing to you. It also reveal how many unique Ips are referring to your domain and the referring domains by country. The dashboard also reveal other information on your backlinks such as number of dofollow and nofollow links, number of text links, frame links, form links and image links. It also give you a detailed statistic on what types of top level domains are pointing to your site.

2. Rank Signals

Rank Signals is a free backlink checker tool that can quickly analyze your site and return how many unique domain backlinks you have. It also show you the Pagerank of the analyzed domains. It will show you the title and URL of the blog post that is pointing to your site. If it is linking to image, it will list the image URL. Rank Signals provides detailed information on the internal and external backlinks.

3. Linkody

Linkody is a free backlink analysis service that will show you the top 100 backlinks to your site. They offer a free 30 days trial. It lists the referring URL, anchor keyword, dofollow/nofollow and the page authority. It also let you know whether the backlink has been shared on the social media platform.

4. Ahrefs

Ahrefs is a recognized backlink analysis tool that allows you to perform the backlink analysis of a rival site. This is a paid backlink tool but it lets you perform backlink analysis on 3 sites. You will be asked to provide your credit card details before it will give you access to the backlink checker tool. Ahrefs provides a detailed analysis of the backlinks on your site including total backlinks, referring IPs, government links, education links, and referring subdomains. There is a graph that show how many social shares your website has. The graph provides details on the number of social shares including Google + 1, tweets and Facebook likes. The search result of the backlinks can be exported in the form of a CSV file.

5. Majestic

Majestic backlink history checker tool can analyze how many backlinks are pointing to your site. It shows details of the backlinks from referring domains, subdomains and URLs. If you are a registered user, you can perform comparison on the backs of up to 5 domains. There is no need to provide your credit card details to become a registered user. You can filter ourt backlinks frrom up to 5 URLs for a single domain. The report also allow you to filter out errors such as 404 and 300.

6. Open Site Explorer

Open Site Explorer is a free backlink checker tool provided by Moz. Open Site Explorer lets you know the total number of backlinks as well as how many root domain links your website. It will list the quality inbound links that are pointing to your site at the bottom. If you are a Moz Pro subscriber, you can enjoy benefits such as retrieve up to 10,000 inbound links, no limit on how many reports you can generate, track links, and social data. There is a 30 days free trial for Moz Pro.

7. Cognitive SEO Explorer Tool

Cognitive SEO provides a free backlink Explorer tool that lets you explore the backlinks to your site. The free trial only provide information on up to 25 links. It lists the full URL of the referring domain, the link authority, domain URL and the date the backlink was last crawled by the search engines. If you want to see details for more than 25 links, you have to register for an account. There is a graph that shows how many new links the site get every month and how many links the site lost every day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. AndriannaRoosey

AndriannaRoosey New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Two more tools which are really helpful or freely available: 1. SEOprofiler 2. Backlinkwatch, both tools are provide backlinks. Given all kinds of information is admirable, and I knew some of tools which is above article.

3. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +109 / -0
    SEMrush tool is very helpful for backlinks analysis .I am using this tool and have gotten good result.So, I suggest all to use this tool.

4. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Backlinkwatch was using Yahoo Site Explorer's data, which has shutdown. So what link data does it use now?

5. Muhammad Rizwan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +65 / -0
    I am not inside of using free backlink analysis tools. We can't guarantee success rates of those tools. They work with their own algorithms and we can't trust them. Therefore, the best practice is using paid tools. he ones you have listed are not totally free. They are premium tools and allow few tests per IP address or computer.

That's why I rely on buying premium accounts of these tools. In this way, we don't have to wait to check backlinks. We can test as many links as we want and with complete freedom.

6. skylimit

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +46 / -0
    I am confused, these tools are not available for free, right?
    You have to subscribe (paid),monthly, yearly.
    Free access is limited and not useful.

7. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    True, what about 'Index Kings'? I hear they submit our site to various website spastic sites giving us back linking facility that helps getting a better Google ranking. And then there is BackLinkr and Seo Unity etc with promise to provide thousands of back links. The list is long but it all depends on your budget.

8. suleman

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    All these tools look awesome. Whether you use any tool to check your backlinks, or you check your backlinks manually, make sure to have the links on the sites that are reputed.
    The sites you create links on, shouldn't be spammy and low PR. Consider using forums more than social bookmarking sites.

9. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    I extensively use SEOProfiler. It provides all the important stats needed in one place. But this list looks so much better.

10. Vinaya

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +22 / -0
    I have not used any of these, I always manually check my backlinks on my articles and blog posts. Thanks for your suggestion.I may use one of these to check backlinks on my articles and webpages.

11. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    I was using backlink watch tool all the time when comparing competition with other site. Can any body confirm me these tools are free or not? I am still assuming they were paid ones because once I tried Semrush tool, but they asked me to pay money for using them.

12. cheezcarls

cheezcarls It's Game Time!
    Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +162 / -0
    Hands down to SEMRush and Majestic as one of the best backlink analysis tools up to date. My friend Daniel Lew recommended those to me, and I followed his advice and it helped me analyze backlinks for my own websites including my now-defunct affiliate marketing review blog for good. Both of these backlink checkers are very useful for me. But I would like to add something here. Maybe you should include Backlink Snatcher software too. It also reveals the backlinks coming from your competitors, so that you can spy, copy and take advantage of the backlinks that they've built for good.

13. masterbusiness

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I have personally used Majestic in the past and have found it very useful. With this list you have provided, I know have more options. Thank you for this post.

14. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Majestic... hadn't used it so far, but will use it now. I'll see what its all about.

15. yatiken

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Awesome, these are the best back link analysis tools in the free version, thanks for sharing such a nice information.

16. bharath

Staff Member Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    All are not free tools, only a few, but using paid tool is better than freeones, as we all know their is no free lunch in this world.
    I heard a of lot things in other forums and a client too about Semrush tool, but never tried it.

17. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +127 / -0
  18. juliets_journal

White Belt

Ratings:
    +8 / -0
    Yes, I agree fully that back links are very essential when it comes to marketing your site. I am also looking for back links to my blog to increase my daily traffic.
    However since I have seen from the above comments that this back links are paid for, I think I will have to wait a little longer before my budget can allow me to be able to register with these sites.
    Anyway, the list is really of great importance.

19. Santanu Mondal

Santanu Mondal New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I use SEOsmall tools and backlinkwatch tools this very easy and free tools. But you have posted very good information thank you.

20. Nadeem Akhtar

White Belt

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    The all tools have paid if you have free tool in your mind please let me know