Help Me/Question Transferring Discussion Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Caroline

Hi,

I do the website for a non-profit and we'd like to transfer our discussion groups to our website. I'll be using some discussion group freeware. At the moment the discussion groups are hosted by Yahoo. I was wondering if there's any way to transfer them over other than cutting and pasting every single message!
Thanks,

Caroline

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
Offhand.. I would say unless there is a way to back up the archives for downloading... probably not.. your best bet for an answer on that would be to contact Yahoo support and ask them.

I'll do some checking around but I'm doubtful of finding anything helpful.

CrazyTech

Yellow Belt
First off, welcome aboard Caroline.

'd have to agree with Moon. I'm not exactly familiar with the yahoo system, but as she said it would be a good idea to contact them and ask. There may be some way you can download the file but that's about your only hope.

Otherwise, you might want to get the coffee ready and start copying and pasting.  :-[

McMadd

White Belt
[quote author=CrazyTech link=topic=56.msg235#msg235 date=1087529781]
Otherwise, you might want to get the coffee ready and start copying and pasting.  :-[
[/quote]

Or put on a really nice smile and ask "someone" to write a little script to harvest the messages....
;D

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
[quote author=McMadd link=topic=56.msg238#msg238 date=1087556064]
[quote author=CrazyTech link=topic=56.msg235#msg235 date=1087529781]
[/quote]

Or put on a really nice smile and ask "someone" to write a little script to harvest the messages....
;D
[/quote]

unh huh... lol.

C

Caroline

Thanks, everyone! I did try contacting Yahoo but got no answer. I have the HTML files downloaded on my hard disk. It looks like I'll be drinking lots of coffee over the next while!

Caroline

McMadd

White Belt
:-\ Darn, I thought I finally found the way to get a smile from people I don't know...

Just kidding, people laugh at me all the time :p

But the offer still stands, it should be quite easy for me to parse the contents into a format the new board understands, might you from an overdose of coffee.
;D

Moondancer

Yellow Belt
[quote author=McMadd link=topic=56.msg252#msg252 date=1087628827]
:-\ Darn, I thought I finally found the way to get a smile from people I don't know...

Just kidding, people laugh at me all the time :p

But the offer still stands, it should be quite easy for me to parse the contents into a format the new board understands, might you from an overdose of coffee.
;D
[/quote]

how can they help it when you look the way you do.... Caroline, in all reality i thinkg they are just happy to have another female on here instead of this old fossil.

Status
Not open for further replies.