Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

Asking Advice Trying To Drink More Water

Discussion in 'Lifestyle and Health Topics' started by Roxabox, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Roxabox

White Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I don't drink a lot of fluids and it's so hard to try to train my body to drink water. I don't know why but the only time I'm ever thirsty is when I'm eating dinner, so that basically is the only time I drink any fluids is at dinner. I have a water bottle that I bring to work yet I only take a few sips a day out of it. Even while working out I don't drink that much! How can I fix this issue?

2. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    As per standards, you must not drink a lot of water but some of luke warm water is good.

Most of water you can drink is after 30 mins of food. In case of taking lot of fluid while eating, you miss food too.

3. Roxabox

White Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    That's interesting, I've never heard of drinking luke warm water. Unfortunately when I drink water I do prefer it to be iced. :(

4. jazzvaga

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Its ok to be iced, luke warm water is less hard, as water contains some salts all the time. Warmness decreases its strength & your body digests the intake of food nicely.

5. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    The best answer is to just do it. Get in the habit of drinking more water. Force yourself to do it. It is difficult at first, if you are not used to it, but the benefits will reward you!

6. krishatg

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    You can use application for this purpose to which will intimate you every hour to drink water . modern world :). But seriously it will help you a lot saying you after applying it on myself. :)

7. grumpypants

White Belt

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Fix this issue by drinking nothing else. That's how I did it. Do not buy milk, soda, or anything. Just get water jugs and fill your water bottle up whenever you run out. Your body will eventually become accustomed to it. I've been doing this for years now, and I much prefer water than other drinks.

Also, to make it more of a scheduled habit, you could drink one bottle of water before each meal, and then drink throughout the meal as needed. That's also something I have done before.

8. dcristo

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +37 / -0
    Water is awesome and +1 to the poster above, just replace water with whatever you normally drink.

9. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @Roxabox Its amazing for you Chinese almost drink warm or normal water not cold. Water is so called a life. Every thing that is seen basically created from water. So our body need daily sufficient drinking water every day because it is necessary to maintain a healthy hydration.

10. Manish Mishra

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +159 / -0
    @Roxabox@Roxabox: Drinking water should be very effective but it can be dangerous too.
    I suggest you to drink more water before sunset and consume less water after sunset.
    Plus, early in the morning when you wake up, trying to intake 2-3 liters and i guarantee you will not have any diseases throughout your life. Yes, i know it is tough to intake that much but you can start with one glass a week, 2 glass in next week, 3 glass in next months and so.
    All the diseases work if and only if your stomach is not working properly and it needs water to be perfect to use.

11. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    Honestly, this is my problem before. I am not a frequent water drinker when I was younger. But as I get old, I felt the need to drink more water. This way, it can rehydrate my body as well as replenish it. I also need it for better digestion as I feel having some problems with digestion lately and often has LBM.

12. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    Experts say we should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. I feel it varies from person to person and also on the weather condition. I drink water while eating food and also whenever I feel thirsty and I am sure that I meet the water requirement of my body.

13. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    You are right. You should drink everytime your body asks for it. You may also need it at times you never thought you should. But I do also agree with weather conditions. In my place where it is tropical, We need water everyday as it is almost hot everyday.

14. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    It's called drink more water.

This question is pretty stupid.

15. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    Our body needs a pure and clean water. It is advisable to drink 8 glasses of water every day. Drinking water can prevent a lot of diseases that we might get.

16. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I usually listen to my body to check if I have enough water, but I always make it a point to drink at least 4 glasses of water everyday. This may differ based on the climatic conditions and my activity level. I think in your case you sweat very little and that is why your body does not demand frequent re-hydration. But it is not good to avoid or drinking too little water. My suggestion for you would be to drink at least 4 glass of water every day. Water works like a medicine and may cure many illnesses even without our knowledge.

17. patrickkenyi

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I try to remind myself to drink water throughout the day although this does not always work out. Typically, I drink water when I am exercising or eating as this is when I feel thirsty. I sometimes get so engaged in my activities that I completely forget to drink water but basically I try to sip some water whenever I remember.

18. summertime

White Belt

Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    The whole "eights cups a day" thing isn't true. It's factual that humans should drink more water then they feel the need to, but generally you should just drink water when you wake up, when you're thirsty, and with meals. In the mornings especially, it always boosts my day and makes me feel fantastic.

19. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    For years, dieters have been drinking lots of water as a weight loss strategy.
    While water doesn't have any magical effect on weight loss,
    substituting it for higher calorie beverages can certainly help.

20. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I think it is also good for diabetics. I heard it can help to at least lower blood sugar. I used to drink water after drinking soda or any sweets as it was advised.