Twitter as a promotion techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafsoh

Yellow Belt
Is Twitter really worth using? Have never seen how it can be that great?
Do you have any tips or suggestions on how best to use this for seo or marketing purposes?

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
I'm using twitter and it might become helpfull you need to make friends before you spam them with links so it takes some time. The more people follow you the more traffic you will bring to your website.

MY problem is that I have a german blog to advertise and there are only a few bloggers on twitter..... so promoting via forums brings more visitors right now but we'll se if it will improove in the futer.

if oyu want to hear about a really successfull one check shoemoney he gained 5k followers with a contest and is directing quite a amount of traffic to his blog (well he'S well known in the indutry which might help him^^)

sam09

White Belt
Hi,

It will be the best if you participate on Twitter for awhile before you begin promoting your stuffs. However, the first thing I did , is to set up Twitterfeed to "feed" my blog posts to my twitter account.
Every time I post on my blogs, the post is pushed out to my twitter status. That is one form of promotion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
This is one of the most useful ways to use twitter I have come across, thanks for this tip Sam

Hi,

It will be the best if you participate on Twitter for awhile before you begin promoting your stuffs. However, the first thing I did , is to set up Twitterfeed to "feed" my blog posts to my twitter account.
Every time I post on my blogs, the post is pushed out to my twitter status. That is one form of promotion.

sam09

White Belt
Hi,

I also came across one more tool is TweetLater.

TweetLater lets you schedule and send a twitter message at a later time, when you might not be able to do so. I use it for reminders, and to send notifications.

There are lot more tools available which make easy and effective to use Twitter.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I have just set up a twitter account for this forum, you are invited to follow it: http://www.webmasterserve.com/20752-post1.html , I will in turn follow you :)

I am working out how to setup tweetfeed so that post from this forum also appears on our tweeter site.

Hi,

I also came across one more tool is TweetLater.

TweetLater lets you schedule and send a twitter message at a later time, when you might not be able to do so. I use it for reminders, and to send notifications.

There are lot more tools available which make easy and effective to use Twitter.

T

transio

I'll tell you what's not worth using, Hafsoh...spamming other forums with your links isn't worth using!

O

oddstake

most webmaster now used twitter as another way of promotions, though i find it times consuming in my own thought i guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.