Apart from the general SEO good practice that allows you site to rank well in search engines such as good design, usability etc, here are 10 additional things you can do to your website when you are are optimising your site to be ranked well in Google UK.
- Host your website on a UK hosting company that uses UK data centres/IP address.
- On your site footer, add your business address. (This helps with local searches as well.
- In Google webmaster tool, set you site location to UK if it has not been done automatically by Google
- When building links, get as many links as possible from UK sites
- Use UK English, avoid using US spell checker with changes UK English to US English.
- Make your site principal domain name .co.uk domain extension.
- Submit your site to local and national directories, for example, if you business is located on London, submit to London directories and then UK directories.
- When submitting press release about your business, add a local angle to it. This help with associating your site with a particular area of a particular country.
- Register you business with Google local (http://www.google.com/local/add/businessCenter?gl=US&hl=en-) this also help associate your business with a locality and offer additional promotion opportunity through Google.
- Add your business to Google Earth.