United Thrash Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
Rafa's rant didn't do Manchester United any harm at all.

Goals by Vidic, Rooney and Berbatov saw them beat Chelsea 3-0. :p

odls

Yellow Belt
I just hope Man United can maintain this form. Poor Rafa, wonder if he's now feeling a bit foolish after his side's goalless draw with Stoke and United's crushing defeat of Chelsea? :D

When it comes to mind games he's not in the same class as Fergie.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Don't forget Derby beat man U last week, they are not exactly invincible either.

I just hope Man United can maintain this form. Poor Rafa, wonder if he's now feeling a bit foolish after his side's goalless draw with Stoke and United's crushing defeat of Chelsea? :D

When it comes to mind games he's not in the same class as Fergie.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
True, and the goal against them was a very well hit one. The thing is that the Carling Cup isn't one that the big clubs take all that seriously. That's why clubs like United, Chelsea and Arsenal usually play few of their top tier players, and give opportunities to their less experienced ones. The top team managers won't risk all their senior squad in such a competition.

If United don't progress further I doubt they'll be too upset about it, though in public they daren't admit to that of course.

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
After their 1-0 win over Wigan last night, United are now second in the Premiership. Hopefully they'll be top if they can do the business over Bolton on Saturday.

ms2134

Yellow Belt
Was a funny game. My brother supports Chelsea and my other brother supports Manchester United so it was like a war within our hosehold...

~ Mike

odls

Yellow Belt
Was a funny game. My brother supports Chelsea and my other brother supports Manchester United so it was like a war within our hosehold...

~ Mike
I'm a Manchester United supporter, my two sons are Manchester City fans, but my daughter is a Man. United fan.

And for tonight only, I'm an Everton supporter. lol

TeamPlayer

Yellow Belt
United are through to the Carling Cup final after beating Derby last night.

I think it's good Fergie is sticking with some of his youngsters. It's a final yes, though not quite the same as the FA Cup of course. It'll be good experience for some, and allows the senior players to rest for the more important games.

Manchester United 4 Derby 2
(Manchester United win 4-3 on aggregate)

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
United are having and excellent run, good luck to them.

This morning on the radio, I heard that AIG wants to cancel the shirt sponsorship with United because AIG is in financial mess

United are through to the Carling Cup final after beating Derby last night.

I think it's good Fergie is sticking with some of his youngsters. It's a final yes, though not quite the same as the FA Cup of course. It'll be good experience for some, and allows the senior players to rest for the more important games.

Manchester United 4 Derby 2
(Manchester United win 4-3 on aggregate)

Status
Not open for further replies.