URL Mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooly Worcester

Yellow Belt
Hello,

An interesting dilemma, one of my websites is now appearing at the top of Google for all terms relating to boutique hotels in a specific UK city.

However, I've just realised I creatd the url incorrectly, it has the word "hotel" "in" and the city name mentioned twice in the url. The url now has a page rank of 1 and is receiving relevant traffic.

The url looks slight overworded to me, I'm wondering whether I should edit it to look correct in my mind or leave now it's flying, any thoughts?

Evgeniy

Yellow Belt
Hello,
Well if your url's are in TOP now I will suggest to you not change them because in that way your site may drop in rankings. Actually, if you don't like how do they appear in search, you can use breadcrumbs to modify url in snippet.

If the urls must be edited then you should make 301 redirect from old to new URL. But after reindexing, your PR will be N/A.

jake

Yellow Belt
I will leave it since the the mistake does not seem to have adverse effect on the site. If things goes downward, that is when I will consider making changes.
As the saying goes, why fix it if its not broken :)

Wooly Worcester

Yellow Belt
I will leave it since the the mistake does not seem to have adverse effect on the site. If things goes downward, that is when I will consider making changes.
As the saying goes, why fix it if its not broken :)
Thanks both, I'll take your advice.. just being picky I guess :)

C

chitra

Its better u don't change the url.If you change the your PR will go down

Status
Not open for further replies.