Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

News/ Info Usb type c-port

Discussion in 'Computers - Hardware' started by sunshine, Dec 15, 2015.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    When we talk about technology, we also need reliability and speed. Date storage devices use all over the world. Peoples transfer data from one device to another a lot of time. They need fast way to move data. C-Port 3.1 is a great thing to do this task very quickly. Its transfer rate is 10 GB per second. This C-Port connects easily to other computer peripherals devices. What’s your opinion about this?
    Thanks

2. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    I have never heard of a C-port that transfer 10GB per second, but I read that the an Apple MacBook has this feature, but it isn't up to 10GB yet, it is at a 5GB ratio.

3. PrashantD

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    From what I've read about USB type C cable, it can transfer at speeds up to 10Gbps. What the major difference is that it can deliver power up to 100W which can even charge a laptop. Not only that, USB type C is bidirectional unlike regular USB ports and it is highly portable. I don't see a reason why USB C type won't successful. Yes, it will take time as most of the devices we are using comes with microUSB port, but newer devices are coming with type-c and I think in another year of two it will be more popular than microUSB.

4. challengewriter

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +66 / -0
    Yes as it is still under development, and you're right in a year or two of will be ready at mass for the public, but till then we just have to wait and see.

5. cortana

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +28 / -0
    My computer would freak out if anything was transferred at 10gb per second. Does the govt or military use that? I bet anonymous had it 20 years ago!

6. Zirkon Kalti

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +120 / -0
    Type C USB port is much smaller than the standard USB 3.1. Its slightly smaller than micro USB measures 8.4mm x 2.6mm. It is first used in the 12 inch Macbook. Type C USB allows bidirectional power so it can be used to charge the peripheral device as well as the host device.

7. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Here I am going to add some more info about type-c port that USB Type-C ports can support a variety of different protocols using “alternate modes,” which allows you to have adapters that can output HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, or other types of connections from that single USB port, for example. Apple’s USB-C Digital Multiport Adapter looks like a good example of this in action, offering an adapter that allows you to connect an HDMI or VGA output, larger USB Type-A connector, and smaller USB Type-C connector via a single port.

8. coolyfrost

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +9 / -0
    USB Type-C ports are going to be great for data transfer. However, I am most excited about the extra charging capacity that will allow more powerful devices to be charged just through the USB port. Also, the fact that the ports will now support hooking up from either side is great!

9. jowjow

White Belt

Ratings:
    +18 / -0
    To be honest, I haven't heard about this idea until now. But if it is really possible then it is definitely a good news to all of us. We don't have to wait a lot of time just by
    transferring data from one unit to another. If 10GB per second is true. Then it is just a blink of an eye that we can copy movies, applications and games in almost an instant. This is really true then it is a good news for all of us.

10. Renren

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    I haven't heard about it. But I think this wouldn't be available in our place or even in our country.
    I think the U.S. might already have this one, not to mention that they already have the super computer.

11. djweb

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +14 / -0
    Man, that's a lot of speed. But, I think I'll be locked out of my system if that much data started pouring into my laptop. Anyways, this is great news because the faster we can transfer data the better. I sometimes feel limited by a lot of data transfer or peer to peer software that we use on windows. I have quite a few p2p apps on my linux machine and they transfer data at blazing speed. I don't know why there is such a difference but I'm glad there is this difference. I always get to download something faster than the next guy, which is an advantage. I wish better OTA options were available too but this one as a regular wired option is welcome too.