Usin Yahoo Answers for SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
I have heard quite a few people talking about using Yahoo answer for SEO, have you use Yahoo answer for SEO, how it it done and was it effective?

loredan

White Belt
Temi, it used to be pretty effective in the past (about a year ago or so...) now it's nothing to shout about. I presume Google devalued the Y Answers links quite a bit due to the spammy stuff in there.

I wouldn't recommend to run a campaign based on Y Answers...not worth it...just go in there and answer a couple of questions every month by yourself...don't over do it...

Hope it helps

Webmasterserve

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks very much for this tip Marius, I have been getting spam/solicitation email promising untold quality backlinks from Y answer that is why I though I should investigate to see if there is anything to it.
Cheers for that, I will give buy the service a wide berth ;)

S

SamanthaHall

Yahoo answers is a great source of getting traffic instantly and works well!

ParaStorm

Yellow Belt
What I would do is find questions related to my blog's niche and answer with that. I would use that article as a supporting site.

Also, if I found an unanswered question that I could write about rather quickly, I would write an article and answer it and then submit my blog article address for a supporting site.

Worked well for me.

I have heard quite a few people talking about using Yahoo answer for SEO, have you use Yahoo answer for SEO, how it it done and was it effective?
Answer site like Yahoo! Answers can give you traffic when you put/leave your links at your answers. I think it's effective as long as you don't spam. We should always consider the relevancy of our site to the questions of the person who's asking... I mean, if our site can provide useful/helpful information that will help the person who's asking regarding his/her concerns.

MeKnows

White Belt
Like any other form of marketing, you shouldn't place your eggs in one basket, but take a rounded approach and pick up varied types of links from multiple sources.

Bob Barr

Yellow Belt
What I would do is find questions related to my blog's niche and answer with that. I would use that article as a supporting site.
I agree - It's all about the relevance. An off-topic link will get you reported for spamming in an instant.

Also, if I found an unanswered question that I could write about rather quickly, I would write an article and answer it and then submit my blog article address for a supporting site.
Excellent suggestion. Again, though, it's largely a matter of the relevance of the article to the question being asked. That sounds like a great way to go.

sam09

White Belt
Hi,

Yahoo answer is not useful in terms of SEO because links are no-follow. However, It's quite useful for promotion of your website. Find such relevant question which are related to your niche, post appropriate answer and put your link as resource. It will help little bit to generate good traffic to your website.

Like any other form of marketing, you shouldn't place your eggs in one basket, but take a rounded approach and pick up varied types of links from multiple sources.
haha funny but true. :) Yahoo answers is one of best answers sites in the Internet today and we should grab the opportunity to promote our site/blog the millions of users. :) We can also participate in other sites like Yedda, WikiAnswers and Answerbag.

mwya

Banned
yahoo answer is one of the best places to derive traffic to your site also you will get backlinks which is very important to get high rank in search
engines as i got for my site mwyamoneymaker-com

but yahoo answers are being crowded by some spammers...

i wonder yahoo just let the spread :D
Yes but I think yahoo is now becoming more strict as far as their guidelines and rules and regulations are concerned.

i tried it some like a week but I guess it was a period that was to short to really see some outcome
Well, I guess you must target the proper audience to make your effort worth it. Good luck!

B

bossaway

I have been getting spam/solicitation email promising untold quality backlinks from Y answer that is why I though I should investigate to see if there is anything to it.

cygnet

Yellow Belt
Nup
Neither I use nor heard about Yahoo answer for SEO.
But now i want to use this. :skeptical:
Thanks for sharing

D

depapepee

I have been getting spam/solicitation email promising untold quality backlinks from Y answer that is why I though I should investigate to see if there is anything to it.

BuckBennett

Yellow Belt
Yahoo answer is the best plaform to make your site inprove the traffic and high rank in search engines.But there is a big shortcoming which is full of spammers. It should take the measures to perfect the attainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.