My 2 Cents Using Gimp For Graphic Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstar_tfd

Yellow Belt
How many of you are using free software or open source software ?

I have GIMP installed on my computer eventhough I use most of the time Adobe Photoshop.

For now I find it easier to use Adobe Photoshop as I know the software very very well and I can work very fast on design concepts, images and similar stuff. Yet, I have installed GIMP because I think it is important for me to be able to use free software that is similar to Adobe Photoshop.

GIMP cannot do everything Adobe PS does, but you can get pretty close on creating nice website concepts.

amplegreen420

White Belt
Gimp over Photoshop

How many of you are using free software or open source software ?

I have GIMP installed on my computer eventhough I use most of the time Adobe Photoshop.

For now I find it easier to use Adobe Photoshop as I know the software very very well and I can work very fast on design concepts, images and similar stuff. Yet, I have installed GIMP because I think it is important for me to be able to use free software that is similar to Adobe Photoshop.

GIMP cannot do everything Adobe PS does, but you can get pretty close on creating nice website concepts.
I strongly agree that Gimp is a great tool to have but if you are already proficient with software you already own then stepping backwards for the sake of using a free program is not a good move. If you either do not have the funds to purchase photoshop or wish to just save some money then Gimp is a great way to go.

SenseiDesign

Yellow Belt
you need to get used to gimp which is not that hard if you are using adobe photoshop but I don't like this 5 windows open at one time. Photoshop is easier to use for me so I'm going with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.