Welcome to WebmasterServe!

FREE TO JOIN! Join us now to engage in informative and friendly discussions about Webmastering, SEO, SEM, Internet Marketing, Programming, Graphic Design, Online Jobs and more. What are you waiting for? Ready to join our friendly community? It takes just one minute to register.

Dismiss Notice

Join WebmasterServe Forums 
Join the discussion! Have a better idea or an opinion? It takes just one minute to register Click Here to Join

My 2 Cents Welcome Back With Monday Good Morning!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle and Health Topics' started by sunshine, Jan 18, 2016.

1. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Eating an apple every day will keep the doctors away and has many other benefits. Even apples are not only delicious and tasty they gather some great advantages too. Apples are a huge source of nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and other important things that are necessary for proper health and growth. Here are some top benefits that you can grab from the apple:

• A Good Source of Fibers
    • Enriched with Minerals and Vitamins
    • Helps to Fight Against Cancer
    • Detoxify the Liver
    • Helps to fresh Your Body
    • Defend Your Teeth
    • Help in Weight Loss and Fitness

Lets share some useful tips if you love Apple.

2. phoenix2015

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +10 / -0
    Great post. An apple a day may indeed keep the doctor away. I read something a while back that said that the majority of the nutrients are in the apple peel. So remember to eat the peel along with the rest of the apple!

3. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    @phoenix2015 Sure eating apple with peel has also great benefits. Some useful Triterpene compounds present in the apple peel helps to protect the liver, breast and colon against the cancer disease.

4. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I admit I am not a big apple eater. But you know what? The time when I had flu and fever, I craved for apples and pears. I don't like the foods that I usually like. I ate apples and pears not because of the benefits but because of craving. It do refreshed my body and it helped for my recovery.

5. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    I agree with all the points you mentioned in your post but let me add that the apple available in part of the world is a sure invitation to the doctor for the coating of wax it gets by the fruit dealers to make it look more shiny and in order to keep it fresh for longer time. So beware.

6. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I am familiar of that. That is meant to attract people, at the same time, it will look fresh. I used to buy the Honeycrisp apples because it doesn't have to look shiny. Also, I think is even more delicious.

7. rayone

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +23 / -0
    They even paste a small slip as its price tag in attractive colors to make it look like an imported fruit from any other famous apple exporting country but they should know our own country has a big yield of apple and we can sell them to other countries. But apple is being grossly misused by fruit dealers and giving it a bad name.

8. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I do noticed some apples look good and shiny in the outside, but not too delicious in the inside. While some honeycrisp apples which doesn't look good but tastes good. I don't judge apple on how it looks. By the way, some apples sold here has stickers. Oftentimes, the sticker covers the flaw.

9. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    In our country I've seen wax or oil coating is only on dates not on apples. Simply its a great tasty, delicious and healthy fruit enriched with numerous vitamins and minerals. You can say this is a king of fruits. :) :cool: :p

10. Ramakrishnan

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +11 / -0
    I agree with all benefits of apple you have shared in this thread. Though I do not eat apple every day, I take it once in a week or so. Apart from health factors, another interesting factor about apple is that it is a character behind a famous scientific theory, the law of gravitation.

11. sunshine

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +128 / -0
    Great! There is a popular story that young Isaac Newton was sitting beneath an apple tree, suddenly an apple fell on his head and he thought... of how a falling apple evident the understanding of gravitational force.

12. networld

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +50 / -0
    I am also not a big apple eater just because it is too costly here in India. But I like its flavor a lot.

But the old saying that an apple a day keeps doctor away doesn't make Apple superior to other fruits. Even guava has more nutritional properties than apple, but the sweet and tasty flavor of apple makes it more popular than any other fruits.

Do you know the actual story behind the old saying. Earlier when people use to travel by sea for months they keep oranges/lemons with them as a preventive and curative medicine for scurvy disease which was common among sailors. But as oranges/lemons were highly perishable they were not able to keep it for long and many people died due to lack of vitamin C. Later they found that apple is a good substitute for orange which has a great shelf life too. So they started saying an apple a day keeps doctor away.

13. ipol12

Yellow Belt

Ratings:
    +26 / -0
    I never heard of such story. Thanks for sharing it. Well, it seems apple played a huge part not just for our health, but in Science as well. :)