Wenger somehow never sees his players` fouls

Status
Not open for further replies.

odls

Yellow Belt
Despite losing Emmanuel Adebayor with a torn hamstring and having the immature Emmanuel Eboué unluckily sent off after only 35 minutes, Arsenal survived. Once again Arsène Wenger produced a tight tactical rearrangement to maximise his nine outfield players.

Most managers faced with this dilemma would leave only one out-and-out front player and often giving unchallenged possession to the opposition's defenders means a backs-to-the-wall battle. Here Arsenal rather than going to 4-4-1 went to 4-3-2, crucially retaining two front players.

Wenger's motive was to make sure Tottenham's back four never had a completely free ride and to ensure his players more than one front target.

guardian.co.uk

odls

Yellow Belt
Ummm, did you watch the game?
I saw the highlights. It's a known fact that Wenger somehow never seems to 'see' what happened, it was 'too far away' or he 'missed it.'

In the case of Eboué he was upset at the disallowed goal, and was constantly at the referee after that. He was told several times to move away and eventually the ref lost patience and booked him - quite rightly.

Not long after that he was fouled and kicked out at the other player. The ref saw him, booked him again, and he was sent off.

Shawn Wright-Philips has just been banned for 3 games because he kicked out when Man. City played Stoke. Delap kicked his legs from behind, kicked the ball at Wright Philips when he was on the floor, yet when Wright-Philips kicked out at him in retaliation he gets a three match ban.

Eboué was very fortunate to get just a second yellow card, it could have been a straight red!

If I was a manager of a player who gets carded and ultimately sent off for dissent I'd throw the book at him. Apparently Eboué later did apologise to his teammates for letting them down. It can happen to anyone I guess, but for the reporter to say this is stupid.
Emmanuel Eboué unluckily sent off after only 35 minutes,

Status
Not open for further replies.